What's new

Laserdisc AC-3 mod question (1 Viewer)

Lenny Truett

Agent
I have a CLD-980 that has been modified to output AC-3 and I recently got a CLD-501. I was wondering if I could take the board out of the 980 to use in the 501. I think it should work, but I am not sure where to reconnect it. I have looked at several websites about doing the mod, and there is just enough differneces between the various models to scare me. I am comfortable with a voltmeter and soldering iron, but I really want to avoid frying the new player. Any suggestions? Should I just get a new board from precision laser with instructions? Any other ideas?
Thanks,
Lenny

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen

Lenny Truett

Agent
Well,
I finally realized that the board for the 702 shown in one of the mods was almost identical to mine, so I took the plunge and change the RF board out. Everything went well, but I will have to wait till Thursday to check it out because I will not get my receiver back from the shop till then. Fortunately, it was still under warrantee.
The 980 was a BARE BONES player (no Svideo, no digital out, one side play, etc.), and I will probably just give it to my father-in-law who doesn't have an RF demodulator, so he couldn't have used it anyway.
Thanks for the links Gregg.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks