What's new

Laser hair removal, questions (1 Viewer)

ShaneH

Stunt Coordinator
Has anyone had this done, and were the results worth it? Are there any problems that can arise?

I phoned a local place in town and they said that there might be some burning, and light scarring that should go away in a couple weeks, which kind of scares me a bit. I want to get it done on my back, but dont want permanent scars either.

Looking for some input before I decide to try this. She also told me it would cost $400 bucks a session, and would probably take 4-5 sessions. Any info would help, thanks.

LDfan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeffrey
Never heard much about scarring but it is rather pricey. Have you considered waxing? It'll be much cheaper.

Jeff

ShaneH

Stunt Coordinator
I havent tried waxing, but I think I would rather just get it done permanently so I wouldnt have to worry about it anymore.

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
I haven't had it done but I read that it works best with dark haired/light skinned people. This way the laser can differentiate between the hair and skin better. I think the chance of burning is reduced that way as well.
If you really want the hair gone...permanently, I say go for it.

Bob Graz

Supporting Actor
I would tread lightly on this one. I recently saw a news segment where the botched results were painful and disfiguring. The person using the laser severely burned a woman's legs. Like anything else I'm sure there are skilled professionals who are careful and do a good job and others who don't. I would do a lot of investigation before letting anyone loose with a laser on your skin.

ShaneH

Stunt Coordinator
I think I found the story you are talking about, complete with pictures and all. It doesnt exactly instill confidence in the procedure thats for sure. Theres only one place in town that uses the laser, so I dont have a lot of options however I will check it out and maybe ask for other client feedback before I go through with it.

Julian Reville

Screenwriter
Does this place in town have have a licensed, M.D. physician, preferably with a board certification in dermatology or plastic surgery? If not, ask them to just do a small spot first. :D

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> I recently saw a news segment where the botched results were painful and disfiguring.

Let me guess- during sweeps period, right, when they trot out all the horror stories.

Like anything, the competence of the person doing the work makes a difference. There shouldn't be any scarring if they do it right.

BTW, the laser doesn't remove the hair but kill follicles to reduce future hair growth. They shave the hair off before doing the laser treatment.

> I read that it works best with dark haired/light skinned people.

There are newer lasers that are supposed to work for all skin types, but not every place has them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks