What's new

Laser Discs, How Much For.... (1 Viewer)

KDHM

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kim Donald Houde-Martens
I am going to be in NYC clearing out my stuff there around Thanksgiving, at first I was going to try to get rid of my laser discs all together, but now I think I should sell some of the harder to get ones, What would be a fair price to ask for these discs (there are more but these are ones I remember of the top of my head) Covers are OK but not like new...
Koyaanisqatsi (I know the cover on this one is not in great shape it was the first Laser Disc I bought)
Song of the South
Star Wars Box
The Three Star Wars films THX (Together)
The Three Indie Films (Together)
The Music Lovers (Ken Russell)
The Boy Friend (Ken Russell) (or Maybe Complete set of Ken Russell on LD)
The Micky Mouse B/W Box Set
Beauty and Beast Work Print and Film
Sleeping Beauty Box Set
Lion King Box
Mary Poppins (wide screen Japan Import)
The Hunchback of Notre Dame (i think This is a Box Set??)
The Rescuers CLV
The Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh CLV
The Great Mouse Detective CLV
Bambi CLV
The Five Boxes of Loonie Tunes Plus the 5 or 6 ??? WB discs that were released
ET Clv
Schlinders List
Close Encounters (riterion Collecdtion)
Duel
Dune (Japan Import TV CUT P/S)
there are lots more but I think most of what I listed are somewhat hard to get. I am only going to be in the US for two weeks so I was hoping to to get some idea what to ask so I can take care of all this while I am in NYC.
Also does anyone think it would be better to offer some of these discs with a player or two and maybe 50-100 discs at one price?
thanks
kd

DannyS

Second Unit
I'd be very interested in buying criterion close encounters and star wars (9 box set?) of ya! and even the player! name your price!

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Selling a player with a group of movies will never get you what you could earn by selling each piece individually - you could lose 20-40% that way. About half of what you list is worth anything much on eBay, if that's the way you are thinking of going. MICKEY MOUSE B&W YEARS, STAR WARS BOX (if it's the "definitive" edition); KOYANNISQUATSI (despite worn cover); SONG OF THE SOUTH; SLEEPING BEAUTY BOX (maybe); and each of the LOONEY TUNES boxes should get you over a hundred bucks each. The Ken Russell's might get you over twenty each. The rest are a dime a dozen on the net anymore, but you'll still get more selling them one by one. Hope this helps.

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
You've got some swell titles there; I'd love to buy a few.
Where are you going to sell them? If you sell them to a dealer, you won't get anything near what they might be worth. Selling lots is no good either. Again, you won't get what you ought to and many people (including me) simply don't like buying stacks of LDs.
So, selling them individually is your best financial choice. But, since you are only going to be here for two weeks, how are you to accomplish that? Ebay would get you the most money, but that will take much more time than you've got. Thus, you can only post them here and hope for the best.
As for what these are worth, I have a conflict here - I want a few of your titles. I know what many of them are potentially worth on Ebay. But, to put it bluntly, I, and I don't think many others, will give you Ebay prices for no other reason that you aren't taking the Ebay risk. I will give you a reasonable price, however, for a few of them - get in touch.
------------------
They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!
They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa To the funny farm. Where life is beautiful all the time and I'll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats and they're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!!!!
- Napoleon XIV

Jeff Whitford

Screenwriter
I will take these, because im sure Alan is going to take the Song of the South before I could get it and he replied 1st. The Three Star Wars films THX (Together)
------------------
Jeff Whitford
Hometheater Guru
[Edited last by Jeff Whitford on October 21, 2001 at 10:37 PM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks