What's new

Laser Disc player advice needed (1 Viewer)

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Tony, all the transit screws I've seen are on the back centre, as previously posted. I have a CLD-52 transt screw. It's about 2.5 inches and red. The 3070 was it's day's equivalent of the CLD-704. But it's such an old model, about '88...? I thought players would not play with a transit screw, but must confess I never tried it. I hope it's not broken off in there or somethin'? If it's only going to be a single-side player, I quess you could do worse. Good luck with it!

Will Gatlin Jr

Stunt Coordinator
I'm still the proud owner of Pioneer's first combo (CD/LD) player, the CLD-900. I bought it brand new way back when. Still "MINT", without ever going to the shop. I might want to...

Nathan_R

Supporting Actor
FWIW, the Mitsu 6027 is not a clone of the CLD-704. The Mitsu is missing the coax/optical outs for starters. I really wish it did have them (and I wish Precision Laserdisc would reply to at least one of the 12 emails I've sent them this year about modding that player).
*sigh* Oh well...
Best regards,
~~Nathan

NathanRT

Agent
I own the above mentioned Mits 7057 and a 55807 TV. I am considering an iscan V2. I don't want to shell out the cash unless it'll make a very noticable difference. Is there anyone knowledgable enough to give me the heads up?:)
Will the iscan make it so I don't have to zoom or expand the picture through my tv? Is that called scaling?
Thanks!
NathanRT

Craig W

Second Unit
I have modded my old CLD-1030 with a circuit similar to Keith's. The problem is that when playing CAV discs the sound starts to drop out as the laser assembly makes its way to the outer edge of the disc and eventually it can't lock on the signal at all. CLV discs work fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks