What's new

Las Vegas: music replacement? (1 Viewer)

BrandonJF

Second Unit

I wonder if they could be in any kind of legal trouble, then, since they didn't use the opening credit sequence from the pilot, did they? :)

Andreas_K

Stunt Coordinator

Don't have the set, but other Universal releases also have that pocket with nothing in them (i.e. Quantum Leap S1). So I wouldn't worry about it, but I still wonder why they manufacture this packaging with the pocket if they don't include a booklet. Seems inefficient especially since they seem very cost-consious musicwise and use the awful (in my opinion) double sided discs.

GarySchrock

Second Unit
Ok, the one thing I haven't figured out yet from this thread, are there any other music replacements? If it's only the credit sequence, I can live with that and I'll open up the set.

Al (alweho)

Second Unit
Actually they are being very efficient on their box - they are using a standard design for their package.

Creating a new die to cut the boxes without a pocket (not to mention a retooling of the machine that glues together the box and inserts the discs) would cost them a whole lot more.

Alex Wagner

Stunt Coordinator
I have a question about a couple songs.

what is the song that plays on the DVDs menu? also what is the new replacement theme song called?

Christopher D

Second Unit
I went looking for a customer service email to complain to Universal with no luck.

As someone pointed out uptopic, this is advertised as "uncut" -- given that someone was able to win a class action settlement over something as stupid as a cropped release not being "widescreen", if I had more time on my hands I would think about some kind of legal action just to make them think harder about these kinds of things in the future -

It's frustrating, because otherwise this is a pretty good set. I'd begrudgingly deal with it on one title, but unfortunately there seems to be a pattern here. And I also hate the unnecessary and jarring Universal theme before each episode.

Andreas_K

Stunt Coordinator
For me even advertising modified sets like Quantum Leap, Las Vegas, Popular etc. as "complete season" sets is wrong and false advertising. Las Vegas avoids saying it's "complete" but replaces it with "uncut" which is even more wrong.

But then again one could argue even releases that I consider good, like Buffy and Angel aren't complete because they miss the "previously on's".

Perhaps they should have put something like "more boobs, less music" on the box ;)

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
At this point, I'm just glad that this show has been released. So what if the opening credits have a different theme song. Does that take away from the show? I think not, If everyone wants to hear the song that bad, then buy the Elvis's gold collection CD. The song is on there.
I see the point that everyone has, but really, aren't we taking this a bit far??
I think we should be glad that the TV DVD market has exploded so nicely, and that just about everyone had a few releases of his/her favorite show...
Just my two cents....

BrandonJF

Second Unit
I don't like the music change in Las Vegas at all.

However, while they do slap an "uncut" label on there, they also slap a warning that some music may have been changed. Granted, I would have preferred that warning was a little less vague, but, to me, that's pretty much saying that if you're gonna be upset about a music change, then buy at your own risk. I did. I was more or less hoping the music change would have been something within an episode and not the theme. I gambled. I lost.

But, we all did have some warning here, which hasn't always been the case...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks