What's new

Las Vegas Experts...looking for amazing fine dining recommendations (1 Viewer)

Brian W. Ralston

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian W. Ralston
Hey folks...well. My parents (who are in their 70's) are having their 50th wedding anniversary in about a week. Little do they know that I am planning a surprise trip for them to Las Vegas. They have not been there since before I was born in '74. So basically, they have never been to Vegas as it is today. I am having family fly in from out of town to join us. I was able to secure suites at the Venetian for us all to stay at. I have "O" tickets for one of our evenings there. (Which I know my mom will absolutley love). And again the best part is that they have no idea this is in the works. We are literally going to arrive early the morning of the trip and say, "...OK...pack...we are going on a trip. Everything is taken care of."

But now...I need to make dinner reservations for one night (possibly the evening before the "O" show)...and I am looking for recommendations from those who know Vegas a lot better than I do. I have been there very little, but I am familiar enough to know my way around. I am looking at possibly the Delmonico Steakhouse at the Venetian. Or, since "O" is at the Bellagio, possibly dinner at the Prime Steakhouse at the Bellagio. Knowing my parents rather...bland tastes...the nice steakhouse idea is probably what I am going to focus on. My mom doesn't like seafood and they both avoid anything exotic and spicy,

Have any of you all been to either of these two fine dining establishments? Is there any other place I should consider? There will be 8 of us total dining.

Any other recommendations or thoughts would be much appreciated.

Thanks guys.

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member
I ate at Delmonico's when I stayed at the Venetian, but wasn't impressed. (Not that it was terrible, just not on par with other steakhouses.)

My favorite steak joint in Chicago, and they now have a location in Caesar's Palace, is Joe's Prime Steak, Seafood, and Stone Crab. I went to the Vegas location and it was just as good.

My other recommendation would be AJ's Steakhouse in the Hard Rock Hotel. Fantastic restaurant, though I can't stand the Hard Rock. One word of caution -- for some reason they are not open on Mondays.

Marc_Sulinski

Supporting Actor
I had my wedding reception at Andre's French Restaurant in the Monte Carlo hotel. The restaurant decor is extremely nice, and the service and food were great. I believe that there is also a freestanding Andre's somewhere else in Vegas as well.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
The 'Nectar' restaurant in the Bellagio is fantastic. I had probably the best Filet Mignon i've ever had there.

Shawn C

Screenwriter
You can't go wrong with Prime at the Bellagio. Especially if you are going there already. I ate there 4 times when I was still living in Las Vegas. SUPERB steak. I always got the New York cut.

Nice and thick beef cooked to perfection. Great service. Try to get a view of the fountain show.

It's not cheap but it's worth it. Get the waiter to get you a sampler of all of the different sauces they have available. They will do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks