Las Vegas 5/17/04 - season finale

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Patrick Sun, May 17, 2004.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Finally Danny and Mary knock boots. Too bad it took Danny to get shipped off to a dangerous assignment (judging by Ed's reaction to where Danny was being shipped off to).

The counterfeit subplot was decent, nothing too mind-blowing.

Mary's father was a baaaaad man judging by her reaction to him, and then the news that he remarried and has 2 more daughters.

2. Craig S

Craig S Producer
    Supporter

Craig Seanor
    A solid season-ender for "Las Vegas". Of course, we know Danny will be back, but emotional nonetheless.

The revelation about Mary's father helps explain Danny's past reluctance to get into a romantic relationship with her.

I loved the way the old mobster was pulling the wool over the eyes of his Yale lawyerette.

Good use of source music with the two CCR songs bookending the episode. Not only were they lyrically very appropriate for the scenes, they (deliberately I assume) invoked a late 60s/Vietnam-era feel.

3. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

"She's gonna earn it!" [​IMG]

4. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

Not that it was any "revelation"; we've heard before that her father abused her, Danny (while still a teenager) beat the crap out of him, and Mary lived with Danny's family through high school. I don't know if his abuse had been explicitly stated as sexual in nature before (not that it was here), but this was just picking up what had been stated earlier.