What's new

Larry Sanders Show Coming... (1 Viewer)

Matthew_S

Second Unit
I don't know how many of you all care but i'm really glad to hear about this. One of the funniest shows of its time. It's due in February according to dvdfile. Looks like the entire first season, yet with an apparent lack of extras.

PienSavaca

Stunt Coordinator
Hey now!

Might be some info still missing. No mention of subtitles. Col-Tristar is always very good at language support-- unlike other snooty studios that think English is the only language in Region 1.

I predict:

4:3

eng/ span audio

eng/ span/ fren subtitles

eng [cc]

As far as extras, I don't know of any materials that were produced that could be included besides the usual hbo bumper or bio info.

Again, appears that some info is still missing.

Neil_Duffy

Second Unit
Hi,

I too am very excited by the news that The Larry Sanders Show is being released on dvd. I was jumping for joy when I read the news myself on dvdfile early this morning.

The only negative about this though is that do Columbia/ Tristar intend to release all seasons of the show and, if so, at what intervals - I have every episode of this show on tape and I won't be satisfied unless thy release them all.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
This is indeed excellent news. Isn't this Columbia's first foray into TV on DVD? If so, that's a good sign as well. Hopefully they'll get good sales that will prompt a continuation of "Sanders" as well as other TV product!

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I've never seen the show (never gotten HBO), but I'll buy it just to support the cause of TV on DVD. I might like it.

Now if Columbia TriStar would make a concentrated effort to bring its classic (pre-1990s) TV series to DVD in complete season-by-season sets. Of course if they do, I'll have to sell organs.

Kurt N

Stunt Coordinator
MatthewA--I commend you for buying this to show your support, but don't worry about not liking it. It's one of the funniest, most intelligent comedies in TV history. I said it and I'll live with it.

This is a no-brainer--gotta get this immediately.

Michael Ballack

Second Unit
THis is great news!!! Now if I'm not mistaken, doesn't Columbia own the rights to Seinfeld? Maybe if Larry Sanders sells well we'll get shows like Seinfeld on DVD. Whoo Hoo!!!

EricW

Senior HTF Member
wasn't there an unaired episode? i think i remember reading about it when looking up the R2PAL disc... was this a season one ep?

JulianK

Supporting Actor
This is excellent news - "Larry Sanders" is a terrific series, and the episodes stand up to multiple viewings.

Eric - there isn't an unaired episode, or at least not on the R2 "Best of..." disc, but it does include a "Bonus Episode" that wasn't on the equivalent VHS edition. (It was an episode with Brett Butler, titled "I Was a Teenage Lesbian").

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
First, I have a question. How many episdoes were in season 1? Both the IMDB and epguides.com list 13 episodes, but DVDFile reported there will be 12 on the set. Was that most likely just a misprint on their part?
Anyway, I'm in the same boat as MatthewA. I have never had HBO and, thus, have never seen this show. When I read the news earlier today at the File, I also planned on picking it up to support TV shows being released, properly, on DVD - especially since Columbia owns at least 3 series that I would buy instantly, in season sets.
So I decided to go to the IMDB to check out the list of guests from season 1 (I know that they had guest celebs on every episode) and was shocked at some of the comedic talent they had in the season - David Spade, Carol Burnett, Jon Lovitz (one of my faves), Robin Williams, Billy Crystal, Michael Richards, etc. Wow! I look forward to picking this up in February.
Looking ahead, we get another one of my faves, Phil Hartman, in season 2. Cool. :)

Matthew_S

Second Unit
Anyway, I'm in the same boat as MatthewA. I have never had HBO and, thus, have never seen this show. When I read the news earlier today at the File, I also planned on picking it up to support TV shows being released, properly, on DVD - especially since Columbia owns at least 3 series that I would buy instantly, in season sets.
This is exactly why the HTF Rules!!! :)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I too, have never seen this show, but will buy it, just to show Columbia/Tri-Star that I want tv on DVD.
I'm pretty sure I will like this, since I'm a fan of Gary Shandling. And isn't Scott Thompson(KITH) in this show as well?:)
Micheal,
Reguarding the Seinfeld thing.
I may be wrong, but Seinfeld is Castlerock, which switched over to WARNER BROS. not to long ago

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks