What's new

Larry Sanders Show 2, Malcolm in the Middle 2 - any news - anyone - please? (1 Viewer)

BrianNK

Auditioning
I'm gagging for the season 2 box-sets for "The Larry Sanders Show" and "Malcolm in the Middle", anyone know anything about these?.

Columbia Tristar is really crapping the bed here, they put out a disappointing, practically supplemental baron dvd release for Sanders and now they're crapping the bed on the follow-up.

As for FOX, well after the ridiculous "Family Guy" cancellation and the subsequent pitiful effort on the "guaranteed mega-seller" DVD box-sets, I wish them all cold sores in very uncomfortable places.

Why is a ravenous cult-like fan base such as we DVD collectors being taken of advantage of so frequently?. We spend huge amounts of after tax dollars to collect our favourite shows and they're standing in line to hose us. And now with this fragmenting seasons into 2 or 3 parts, they're sticking it to us yet again.

Joshua Lane

Second Unit

Columbia Tristar released the Larry Sanders Season 1 set, so you might want to bitch and moan in their direction. And if you did a search, you'd probably see several threads about both of these series and their current status.

BrianNK

Auditioning
Thanks for correcting me, I wouldn't want someone getting all testy and acting like a brat.

Juan Books

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Juan
This is why I stopped buying TV shows on DVD. These companies are accumulating an unhealthy amount of disappointed customers, which buy first seasons expecting to build up their collection at a reasonable rate of at the very least two season per year, and then are left high and dry with just the first or second seasons. Well guess what dear executive, the next time you put out another show less and less people will be inclined to buy it because of your past record. There are several shows out there I'm interested in, yet I'll just wait until at least 4 or 5 seasons of it are released before I dip in. A shrinking customer base is not a good thing for any industry, yet shortsighted execs in this business are doing nothing less than sabotaging a potentially very lucrative area. Until I get my third season of Mad About You, I'm not buying ANY other new release TV set :thumbsdown:

BrianNK

Auditioning

I agree with you, but the unfortunate thing is that a lot of companies started pricing their box-sets way too high in the beginning, effectively scaring buyers away, (case in point Larry Sanders Season 1). The only down side to your philosophy is that if enough people follow your lead, studios may only elect to release the bigger titles and the small sweet shows are left to rot in our memories forever.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks