Larry McGoldrick... RIP

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Dave Mack, Jul 29, 2004.

1. Dave Mack

Dave Mack Producer

Hey guys, I know this is a bit unusual, but my beloved Uncle passed away today after an up and down fight with a couple of cancers and I wanted to say a little farewell. I know this is the net but everything is connected somehow and perhaps some Queens residents out there might even have some relatives who knew him. Sunnyside born, known quite well in certain neighborhoods. A Proud member of the old school. He had a tough and sometimes sad life but he was always optimistic, giving and was a great Father and Uncle.
    It was tough losing my dad, his brother, seven years ago and is tough again. Gonna be a long weekend.
    Remember those you love and your family, don't take them for granted and for god's sake, if they smoke and maybe you can help them quit if they want to, by all means do.

If you can, please say a small prayer for him fellas, he was one of the good ones.

Uncle Larry, I love you. Rest in Peace and say hi to Pop for me.

Dave

2. Steve...O

Steve...O Producer

Steve
    Dave, my sincerest condolences.

I have said a prayer for your Uncle as well as one for your Uncle's family and friends.

Steve

3. Dave Mack

Dave Mack Producer

Thanks, Steve. Much appreciated.

[​IMG] Dave

4. Mark Sherman

Mark Sherman Supporting Actor

May GOD bless you and your family during this trying time.

5. StephenA

StephenA Screenwriter

Sorry to hear it. Hope you and your family stick together through ti.

6. Micheal

Micheal Screenwriter

I'm sorry to hear of your loss.

Take care and best wishes for you and your family...

Mike

7. Jason_Els

Jason_Els Screenwriter

Accept the things to which fate binds you, and love the people with whom fate brings you together, but do so with all your heart. -Marcus Aurelius Antonius, Emperor of Rome

Never ask the Gods for the life set free from grief, but ask for courage that endureth long. -Menander, Athenian comedy writer and friend of Epicurus

It's remarkable that after 2000 years the same truths hold now as they did then. I just used both these quotes in a eulogy I delivered for my grandfather two weeks ago. May they offer you some comfort in your time of grief.

8. Dave Mack

Dave Mack Producer

Hey Guys,

I want to thank you all VERY much. Today was the first viewing day and it brought back some memories...
    It's interesting how this forum was begun for HTF enthusiasts but irrelated, some good, genuine human interaction exists within. Some wonderful, empathetic people.
    Thanx again. God bless all of you and your families. DON'T take them for granted. The last thing my uncle said to me last week was family is the most important thing. How true... Family AND friends...

Peace, brothers and sisters

Dave