What's new

Larry Johnson of Penn State wins Maxwell, Walter Camp, and Doak Walker awards! (1 Viewer)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Congrats to an excellent running back!

Still I wonder if this year another Miami back will be taken in front of the RB getting all the accolades (like Edgerrin James was taken before Ricky Williams)...

(and no, I hate the 'Canes, just wondering out loud - and yes I do think there's a chance McGahee will skip outta town even though he's a soph)

William Ward

Supporting Actor
As long as Dorsey doesn't win the Heisman I don't care who wins it.

But Larry is as deserving as anyone else.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I agree, this year's field is wide open for the Heisman. I will say that although he came on late in the year, Carson Palmer is playing as well as anyone in the country (as is his school USC). I watched them demolish my beloved UCLA Bruins in person and came away very impressed. And then he beat up ND's vaunted secondary the next week. He's come a long way in the four years I've seen him play.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
There is no clear cut favorite this season, so Johnson is as good a pick as any. I do think that McGahee will be the best NFL player, though (whenever he comes out). Johnson has great numbers, but he did put up the majority of them against weaker opponents -- call it the Ron Dayne syndrome.

Still, I would love to see the award go to a Big Ten player. I do not think Banks has much of a chance, since he's not well known outside the Big Ten.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks