What's new

LARGE / SMALL speaker settings --- need technical scoop! (1 Viewer)

Martice

Screenwriter
In regards to speaker settings, I prefer to set my speakers to large on the fronts and center and crossover my sub at 40hz. My speakers are very good performers at 35hz at levels on both ends of the spectrum and I really don't need my sub helping them out in the higher octaves. As far as receivers performing better when the speakers are set to small, I totally agree. However, if you have quality amplification then that should not be an issue no matter what configuration you have. I wouldn't recommend
running large settings with a receiver that is not capable of providing good power to all channels without straining or adding distortion. However, if you have matched your system in a way to where your amp has lots of headroom even at extreme levels, then this is a non issue for you and you can set them as you please without worry of power drainage therefore depending on your sub to go where it was not intended to go in the first place. In all applications proper calibration and honesty regarding the capabilities of your system and how it bests performs is the first and most critical steps in having an excellent sounding system.
------------------
What if it gets no better than this!?!

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
VERY well said Matrice.
icon14.gif

------------------
All progress is based upon a universal, innate desire on the part of every organism,
to live beyond it's income.
ITRCA ** Link Removed (sorry, car guy)

Shaun_B

Auditioning
Thank You
I am new to posting but have been reading for awhile now. The information on this thread has been very helpful.
I will be trying the small setting, because my reciever is not on par with my speakers. (Yet anyway)
Thanks Shaun

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks