Large Screen TV for Caribbean HT

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kirk Elliott, Dec 6, 2002.

1. Kirk Elliott

Kirk Elliott Extra

I am planning to get a large sreen TV (minimum size 65") for my Caribbean home.

1) What will give me the best bang for about $5,000.00?
    2) If I go with a RPTV should it be just HDTV ready or should I get it with a built in digital tuner?...I have been leaning towards the Mitsubishi WS-65711.

All advise and suggestions are welcome.

Thanx,

Kirk

2. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    Kirk, how is the weather in St. Lucia (I hail originally from Grenada myself).

Will you be purchasing your equipment from Miami and shipping it to St. Lucia?

Ones to consider...

Mitsubishi 65896
    Mitsubishi WS-65711
    Pioneer Elite 49T
    Pioneer Elite Pro 720HD ($)

3. Kirk Elliott

Kirk Elliott Extra

Thanks for the info Neil. I may purchase in Miami as I find Brandsmart had prices that either matched or beat Sound City when I was ther 2 wks ago. I have also considered Crazy Eddie, Sound City and One Call for online shopping. However I am curious to know if HD ready is all I need or should I go with an included digital tuner as on the WS 65711 from Mitsubishi.

The weather is fine in St. Lucia. Our topography and weather is similar to Grenada's but your bougainvillas just can't be beat!! They are just so vibrant. My sister in law is Married to a Grenadian.