What's new

Large Front Projection Screen w/ Low Ceiling... Possible? (1 Viewer)

Derek Iverson

Stunt Coordinator
I'm planning on converting my basement into a dedicated HT with a large 16:9 front projection screen (92-106"). The problem is, the ceiling is only 6'8" from the floor. Will I be able to have that big of a screen without having to tilt the projector upwards and use keystone correction and worsen the picture qaulity to fix it? Right now, I'm looking at getting a Sanyo PLV-Z2 or a Panasonic 500U.

Gary Shipley

Second Unit
I see no reason why you should'nt be able to use the 106" screen. My ceiling height is 7'2",only 4" higher than yours and I'm using a 106". My projector is a Sanyo PLV-60 and only a little keystone correction is needed.The picture quality does not suffer.

Legairre

Supporting Actor
If you get the Z2 you won't have to tilt the projector at all. The Z2 has lense shift.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Derek,

Most LCD-projectors either project the image such that the lower border is approx. at the level of the projector. Or else they have a nice lense-shift option (like the Sanyo PLV-Z2, I know nothing about the Panasonic 500U).

Also, they may have an option to mount them upside down to the ceiling (and flip the image), in which case you won't have a problem with your room dimensions either. If that's the case, the upper border will be approx. at the level of the projector.

Cees

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks