What's new

Laptop - Plasma TV Connection (1 Viewer)

GaryFi

Auditioning
I am trying to connect my Dell Laptop to a 50" Plasma TV so that I can show presentations to a group of people. I have tried both VGA and S-Video connections and I get a slight flicker that shows up on the TV. This 'flicker' shows up as horizontal lines throughout the display. I have changed the resolution, refresh rate, etc. and have had no luck. Can someone please point me in the right direction!? Thanks!

GaryFi

Auditioning
It is a Planar TV with DCDi. I believe the TV's resolution is 852x480. On the laptop, I have tried all available resolutions and get the same result.

Gabriel_Lam

Screenwriter
Hmm. I believe the planar one is incapable of taking the native resolution through VGA, though I could be wrong.

Have you tried 800 x 600 with 72.19Hz V, and 50.00 H?

GaryFi

Auditioning
Sorry for my inexperience, but I'm not sure what 72.19Hz V and 50.00 H is. If it is in regards to the refresh rate, the only one I can get to work is 60Hz. If this TV is incapable of native resolution through VGA, what are my options? Thanks again for you help!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks