What's new

L'APPARTEMENT - homage to Hitchcock... (1 Viewer)

Deepak Shenoy

Supporting Actor
Gary,
Thanks for the review. I had never heard of this title before, but after reading your review I am intrigued. It was not clear from your review if the all-region disc you bought from e-bay was in NTSC or PAL format (unfortunately I don't have a PAL-capable player)

Gary Tooze

Senior HTF Member
Sorry Deepak,
It is NTSC... I have added that to the review...
Regards,
------------------
rublev.gif
[email protected]
DVD COLLECTION CONTEST , My DVD Collection ,My Home Theatre
DVDBeaver's 15 Member choices of the TOP 111 DVDs available today!

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
Looks good, Gary...I'd love to buy this movie. But where? I don't have a multi-region player yet, so I need region 0 or 1 version & NTSC.
Outside of eBay, is there a reputable site you would recommend?
------------------
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.

Deepak Shenoy

Supporting Actor
Who owns the Region 1 rights to this film ? Is there a chance Criterion or Anchor Bay might be able to release it on Region 1 DVD ?

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
It never was released (theatrically) in the US, so my guess is that nobody owns the rights.
Great movie -- I watched it again recently (I saw it when it came out 4.5 years ago at a film festival) and it was even better than I remembered. I love the music and the actors are a very appealing bunch.
Gary, on your website you say that the R2 release is from Artificial Eye -- the links there refer to the French release which is not from A.E. -- it is from Video M6, a French company. There is a UK R2 DVD out, but it is not the same as the French version -- no DTS, possibly a different transfer, etc.
Ted

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks