L'APPARTEMENT - homage to Hitchcock...

Deepak Shenoy

Supporting Actor
Gary,
Thanks for the review. I had never heard of this title before, but after reading your review I am intrigued. It was not clear from your review if the all-region disc you bought from e-bay was in NTSC or PAL format (unfortunately I don't have a PAL-capable player)

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
Looks good, Gary...I'd love to buy this movie. But where? I don't have a multi-region player yet, so I need region 0 or 1 version & NTSC.
Outside of eBay, is there a reputable site you would recommend?
------------------
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.

Deepak Shenoy

Supporting Actor
Who owns the Region 1 rights to this film ? Is there a chance Criterion or Anchor Bay might be able to release it on Region 1 DVD ?

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
It never was released (theatrically) in the US, so my guess is that nobody owns the rights.
Great movie -- I watched it again recently (I saw it when it came out 4.5 years ago at a film festival) and it was even better than I remembered. I love the music and the actors are a very appealing bunch.
Gary, on your website you say that the R2 release is from Artificial Eye -- the links there refer to the French release which is not from A.E. -- it is from Video M6, a French company. There is a UK R2 DVD out, but it is not the same as the French version -- no DTS, possibly a different transfer, etc.
Ted

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaMovieMaestro