Land of the Pharaohs

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Nick Eden, Jul 4, 2003.

1. Nick Eden

Nick Eden Stunt Coordinator

Here's hoping that "The Land of the Pharaohs" will eventually get the Warner treatment.For those who have never seen it, the film is a great biblical drama, the likes of which we will never see again.
    I have bought most of the Warner released classic titles and have found their standard to be very high.
    I own the laser disc of "Land of the Pharaohs" but would dearly love to see it in the digital domain on DVD and of course in anamorphic.
    Here's hoping!

2. Derek M Germano

Derek M Germano Second Unit

Great flick!
    Put me down for a copy too!

3. William D Cavender

William D Cavender Stunt Coordinator

Where in the Bible is that story, I can't find it.

4. Nick Eden

Nick Eden Stunt Coordinator

Good question raised by William D Cavender regarding the biblical origins of "The Land of the Pharaohs". I have done some research and have drawn a blank.Perhaps someone can come up with an answer as both William D Cavender and myself are totally clueless on this matter.

5. Joe Caps

Joe Caps Screenwriter

People tend to cll any spectacle a biblical drama. Land of the Pharoahs has NOTHING to with the bible. Sadly, I know that right now, Warnes has no plans for this film, nor their other spectacular films - Silver Chalice and Helen of Troy.

6. Dick

Dick Producer
    Supporter

Rick
    I'd like a copy of this, too. I find the movie ridiculous with typical fifties "epic" dialog having nothing to do with history or reality, and a wonderfully over-the-top performance by Joan Collins. But the end makes the film. I remembered nothing of PHARAOHS except for the final five minutes from having seen it a dozen times on WOR's Million Dollar Movie back in the 60's. And those five minutes are riveting. Worth a purchase just for them.