What's new

Land of the Lost is coming! (merged) (1 Viewer)

MishaLauenstein

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Misha Lauenstein
The complete series.

I'm glad we don't have to wait for several season sets.

Let's make this one a bigger seller than Family Guy.

Scott Kimball

Screenwriter
Waitaminit....

Is this the original 70's, or the ...ahem... other one?

Please post sources when you dropa bomb like this.....

-Scott

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Randy Salas reported quite a bit ago (from his notes taken during the TV on DVD Conference) that this was coming from Rhino. He also reported on H.R. Pufnstuf, which has already been released.

This is, of course, the original Sid & Marty Kroft series from the '70s. I don't think it lasted more than one season, which is why it will be advertised as a complete series. Not many of those old Saturday morning shows did last more than a year, in fact, but you'd never know it with the way they ran the same handful of episodes of a particular series for years and years.

Barry Hebert

Agent
No. There were three distinct seasons of the original 70's series.

17 episodes in 1974.
13 episodes in 1975.
13 episodes in 1976.

I truly hope this set contains all 43 original series episodes.

--Barry

MishaLauenstein

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Misha Lauenstein
I wonder if there could possibly be any extras existing from something like this: behind the scenese footage, deleted scenes, out-takes, never-aired pilots or that kind of thing.

How are Rhino's TV releases? Looking at covers of the few 4 episode discs they released a couple of years ago, they don't look that impressive, so I don't hold out much hope for anything more than a bare bones release, but that's all I really need.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Rhino has released the MST3K boxsets, all of which are excellent. They've also released Transformers and G.I. Joe to mixed reviews. I have The Monkees season one and it was absolutely incredible. I remember hearing from some purchasers of the Laugh-In boxsets that they are very well done.

So I guess it kind of goes on a case-by-case basis. Usually the packaging is stellar. Rhino likes that flashy stuff.

Perhaps somebody has unearthed the footage of Sid and Marty Kroft dropping acid the day they came up with the idea for this show.

Mike Maher

Auditioning
I read on tvshowsondvd.com (can't link it until 15 posts) that "Land of the Lost" - Season 1 will be released on DVD this year.

Does anyone have any info on a specific release date? I tried Rhino's website but there wasn't any info there.

I loved that show (and a lot of the other Sid and Marty Krofft shows) as a kid and can't wait to get it.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Rhino's website is sorely out of date for DVD releases. I thought it was supposed to be out in May some time.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Mike, welcome to the forum! You must love that show, to make this your first and only post!

I guarantee you that if we knew a release date, we would post it! :)

Right, Boss Gordo?

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Actually I read it was the complete set and not Season One. Since Season One I believe was 16 episodes and 2 and 3 were only like 8 episodes each which was normal for Saturday morning shows.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Randy, that information isn't correct. It's just going to be season 1 released first (17 episodes) on 3 discs, then probably seasons 2 and 3 in separate 2 disc sets with 13 episodes in each set.

Gord

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I used to love this show but recently upon revisiting things I enjoyed when I was young dont age to well.

I dont know if I will take the chance.

Any word on commentaries by the Sleestak?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks