LAND of the GIANTS

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Greg_M, Feb 10, 2005.

1. Greg_M

Greg_M Screenwriter

Anyone get the "Land of the Giants" DVD's that were offered through Columbia House? I had heard they were cancelled but I've found them on ebay. Are these real or bootlegs? How is the quality?

2. Rick P

Rick P Supporting Actor

they're legit, quality isn't bad. I've got 6 of them (but plan on selling them soon.. too many discs, too little space)

3. Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis Producer

I didn't get the CH releases but this is one that I'd get when/if it gets released as a regular "store" release.

(the only CH DVD's that I "broke down" [​IMG] and got have been the Wild Wild West volumes.

4. Jeff#

Jeff# Screenwriter

Land of the Giants was easily the worst of Irwin Allen's 1960s TV series. Probably the most amusing episode that almost worked was when the crew went back in time to Earth, literally hours before their fateful flight.

When scientists (?) Bruce Dern and Yvonne Craig figure that two of our heroes are trying to alert the others (who haven't met them yet) by trying to prevent them from getting on board so they don't get stranded again on the giant world, they don't want them to change history.... So Bruce shoots them with a ray that shrinks them!!! So if it wasn't bad enough that they were normal-sized humans on the Land of the Giants, they become a few inches in height on Earth! Of course they get back to their normal size, get on board, and other than that the same thing happens all over again. This show was a joke.

5. MattHR

MattHR Screenwriter

Jeff#:

I see you're new to the forum. Please try to avoid "thread crapping" in the future.

6. Jeff#

Jeff# Screenwriter

Hi, Matt

Aren't we allowed to opine on TV series here too? Opposing viewpoints should be allowed, and I am civil in my comments. I'm just posting what I feel about a show, and also expanding the scope of the topic at the same time. [​IMG]