What's new

Lampoons vacation DVD problems (1 Viewer)

Michael Varacin

Stunt Coordinator
I purchased National Lampoons Vacation a while back. I went ot watch it last night and no matter what sound setting I put my reciever on, I only get sound out of my center channel. The AC-3 indicator lights up on my reciever, instead of the DD or DTS. The reciever also indicates it's only getting sound for the center channel.

Anyone else have this problem?

WillG

Senior HTF Member
"Vacation" was released in mono only, so that is why your receiver is only showing a center channer signal

Jon Hertzberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jonathan
I realize this is an old thread...unfortunately, there are other problems with the Special Edition Vacation disc. Some of the soundtrack has been rescored (this rescoring also occurs on the full-frame disc). The Pointer Sisters' I'm So Excited, which plays twice when Chevy Chase drives alongside Christie Brinkley, has been replaced by June Pointer's Little Boy Sweet. This song also appears later, where it should, when Chase sees Brinkley at the picnic.

Interestingly, on the Region 2 edition of this disc, I'm So Excited is restored on the alternate French and Italian language soundtracks.

For the record, the original theatrical soundtrack featured I'm So Excited in the first two scenes with Christie Brinkley (around Ch. 9 of the disc) and Little Boy Sweet in the picnic scene (Ch. 14). There has been some confusion on this matter.

The film credits on the S.E. disc list I'm So Excited even though it is not heard on the DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks