What's new

Lame releases for summer blockbusters? (1 Viewer)

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
I tend to like SE extras where there is a little historical perspective on the film. If they get the picture and sound up to snuff on a new release, I'm ususally sound as a pound. One of the great things about the documentary on the Indy discs is that they had copious amounts of behind the scenes footage as well as a decade or more of perspective on the films.

Occasionally you will see neat well-made making of stuff for a recent film such as "The Beginning" documentary on The Phantom Menace, and not everyone will have the luxury of sitting on tons of behind the scenes footage for decades. It varies case by case, though, and doesn't make sense for every film. If a film had a really interesting history before it got made - such as "AI", or if there are logical companion documentaries such as "Black Hawk Down", I tend to be more interested in extras. If it is all just making of stuff, I tend to be less enthusiastic on new releases.

Regards,

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks