Laggy Xbox on RPTV?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Jahan, May 20, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Jahan

Jahan Auditioning

Here is my set-up:

1 Xbox on a Sony 57" XBR2 RPHDTV (about 1.5 years old)connected through a router to another Xbox on a Sony 32" Wega non-HD CRT (about 4 years old. The Xbox on the 57" is connected through Microsoft's component cable set-up and the Xbox on the 32" is connected through MS S-video set-up.

We play 4-6 player LAN games of Halo using both TV's, and for some reason the RPTV has noticably slower and less precise response to controller inputs. Everyone who plays on it has noticed it, and while it is still very playable, it's bad enough that whoever plays on the 32" Wega has a distinct advantage.

I've tried playing on different zoom settings, different settings of the de-interlacer, etc. and it happens regarless of how many people are on each box.

Is this normal for HD or RPTV's? Is it because of the component cables by any chance? I want to fix this problem somehow before Halo 2 comes out. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks!

PS. This is my first post, but I'm building a house with full Niles/NHT distributed audio and soon will have a full HT in the basement, so I'm sure I'll be around here quite a bit.

2. Dean Martin

Dean Martin Stunt Coordinator

I have heard people mention this before. Have you tried swapping cables on the router just to make sure the router isn't the culprit. I find it odd there would be such a huge delay but I have heard of people complaining that component inputs seem to have slower response in that area.
    Just for grins, try the standard cables.

3. Dave_vega

Dave_vega Stunt Coordinator

yeah definitly sounds like the router that is the problem..must be not sending the information properly to the RPTV set..buy a switch hub and try that..that's what I use and they are cheap as hell..I use a 5 port Dlink one..haven't ever had an issue with it and I use the same switch to connect my XBOX and computer to the internet at home..

4. Jahan

Jahan Auditioning

I'm not running a router yet. I just swap the cables to my cable modem when I play Live. I'll try switching to S-Video though.

This wouldn't happen to be Dean Martin that works on Condor, would it???

5. Dean Martin

Dean Martin Stunt Coordinator

Condor? Sounds interesting, but no.

6. Joe-Frietze

Joe-Frietze Stunt Coordinator

Jahan said:

Now I'm confused....

Joe

7. Jahan

Jahan Auditioning

Oops! It's been a while since the original post, so I forgot exactly how I worded my question. I don't run a router when I play Xbox live, which is what I was thinking of when I typed that last response. When I plan LAN games, I DO run a router. My mistake!