Lady in Red(Nancy Drew star) dvd - anyone seen

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Robert Zawacki, Apr 30, 2002.

1. Robert Zawacki

Someone told me this 1979 movie with Pamela Sue Martin just came out on dvd. I remember this movie being pretty good, especially since we get to see the beautiful Pamela in her birthday suit . Also quite bloody if I remember right, although I was only 15 at the time.
    Has anyone seen this dvd? Good transfer? Anyone else remember this movie?[​IMG]

2. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

It should street date today. Go check out the Weekly Roundup (click on the icon in my signature, which takes you to HTF's Coupons/Bargains section, and look for the 4/30 posting) for best prices in brick/mortar stores (with a compare to Amazon just for grins).

I recall the movie fondly, I recall Pan's nudity with equal fondness. But it's a cool flick regardless. I've been looking forward to it.

3. PatrickL

PatrickL Second Unit

Isn't this "fullscreen" only?

(That's what I was told last week, so I cancelled my pre-order)

4. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Actually, I hadn't heard that it might not be OAR. I just headed to New Horizon's site, and it doesn't look like the site's been updated recently enough to show the DVD's release. So I headed to Image's site; they don't say either way. Amazon, either. Or Borders, Best Buy, etc.
    So I swing by DVD Planet, to look for a back of the box. No box art (front or back), but it says "Full Frame". [​IMG]
    So I decide to look for verification, so I go to the other site that usually has back-of-box art, DVDEmpire. They list 1.33:1, too...but they have box art! Well, it doesn't say either way on the box! Here's the box:
    [​IMG]
    Not sure what to do here...this is probably a MAR release, but I'm not sure to believe either site if the box doesn't say either way. In their shoes I'd assume the worst, too. And they're probably correct to. But New Concorde isn't the biggest publishing house in the world...they could've just goofed and left it off.
    I guess I can call them tomorrow and ask. Has anyone actually SEEN the disc play and can be definitive if it's OAR or not?

5. PatrickL

PatrickL Second Unit

6. JimChan

JimChan Stunt Coordinator

AFAIK, all (or nearly all) New Concorde releases are MAR.