What's new

lables on your dvds (1 Viewer)

JohnMurphy

Grip
Newbie here. I tried to search but I was unsuccessful.
Paper type lables for cd roms, are not guarnteed for dvd playback(So the package says). I have seen special lables for dvds. More money though. What are you using to mark your disks? Do you think ordinary paper sticky lables will hurt playback of dvds? Thanks for your advice.
PS. My wife dosent like this site very much. She knows that look in my eyes . I have been spending money upgrading speakers. Now I have to stop my walls from ratteling, then I will have to upgrade my big screen. And so on- and so on. (G) Murph ;)

Ronn.W

Second Unit
You're not really supposed to use paper labels on any disc, it can throw them off balance and effect playback.

That said, I put paper labels on DVDs and I have on CD's before without any known problems. The paper, glue, etc. all seem to be the same. If you're in doubt, get the DVD correct one.

Andrew Chong

Supporting Actor
Another alternative is LightScribe. They look great.

This technology was invented by Hewlett-Packard. However, since specific LightScribe DVD or CD media are required in order to laser-etch a disc label on its surface (you cannot laser-etch a label on non-LightScribe media with LightScribe hardware), this would be valid only for future dvd/cd burning.

Check it out in this earlier thread: http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...ht=lightscribe

Nick

Second Unit
I used to put label on the disc and it would give me problem during playback. Now I just bought Epson printer which has the capability of printing on the CD/DVD
Injet printable media are getting cheaper and cheaper
(I only use Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim).
Invest on new printer or you can get Casio CW-75 Disc Label Printer which can print on any surface. I would recommend to print text only on this type of printer which will come out much nicer than hand written on it.
Light scribe is another option like Andrew Chong said but I heard that it won't last long. It will fade after awhile and it takes a long time to do one disc close to 1/2 or more depend on the graphic.

But Epson is the way to go. I'm pretty happy with it. Recommended to my brother and he got one too. I use the remanufactured ink which is 6 to 7 times cheaper than OEM ink and cannot tell the differnce.

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
Is writing directly onto the disc with a black Sharpie okay? That's what I've been doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks