LAB Subwoofer v3.0

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Brad Litz, May 22, 2004.

1. Brad Litz

Brad Litz Auditioning

Looking to build a BIG powerful subwoofer? I've just finished building and testing a new version of the LAB subwoofer. I've made a web page with a lot of information on it.

I can't post any links here but you can find a link posted at the ProSoundWeb Lab Sub community forum.

2. GrahamT

GrahamT Supporting Actor

3. Brad Litz

Brad Litz Auditioning

Yes you missed the driver specifications. If you back up to the home page there is a button that links to my home theater system. Just stop the web address you posted after hulkss.

4. Rob Formica

Rob Formica Stunt Coordinator

Very nice! Your initial testing seems to indicate that you were successful at filling in the 50cycle dip in your variation on the LAB subwoofer.... An interesting alternative for those who aren't limited for space... as someone who is looking at a Sunfire signature would probably run for their lives!! [​IMG]

I'm a horn-loaded speaker fan myself... I'm currently looking for a pair of used Klipschorns for mains. OTOH, I use a conventional sub because of the size a horn loaded sub would have to be to get a good low frequency cutoff (extension/mouth relationship).

I didn't finish reading through all your pages but what kind of efficiency you are getting?
    Later...
    Rob

5. Brad Litz

Brad Litz Auditioning

The LABsub is about 105 dB per watt. BTW the last horns I built were Klipsch corner horns.

6. James W. Johnson

James W. Johnson Screenwriter

Man, you are quite a woodworker, very, very nice! [​IMG]

7. Brad Litz

Brad Litz Auditioning

Check out the new ModelPress files and FREE viewer on my web page. Great measurement capability. View the assembly or one piece at a time. Easily see what you need to build 'em. Try the explode button. Cool.