What's new

LA Story DVD..where's the commentary?!?! (1 Viewer)

Eric-S

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Eric Schnabel
I picked this up at Target for $9.99 just for the commentary. It was listed in the list of extras on the back. I looked through all the menus, found many of the easter eggs, but could not find the track. Was this a misprint or am I missing something??
Thanks,
Eric

Peter Finlay

Auditioning
I looked at my copy of LA Story and it doesn't list a commentary track on the back. I bought it when it first came out years ago so maybe the packaging has changed. My copy has a LIVE Entertainment Logo on the back. It does list "easter eggs" which I've never found (I hate Easter Eggs - I wish they would just put the features in regular menus.)
------------------

Eric-S

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Eric Schnabel
The disc lists Live's newer releases and does list things like commentary and easter eggs on the back...so I'm thinking it's a newer version (although the film print doesn't seem to be) I know it's usually not a big deal to J6P, but I bought this disc specifically for the commentary...oh well...live and learn I guess...it was just $10...
Eric

Andrew 'Ange Hamm' Hamm

Supporting Actor
Same with me. Just bought it, 2 months after this thread died, and was all excited about the commentary track that apparently doesn't exist. I was really looking forward to hearing it. Just another example of early DVD (this disc is from 1997) spending more time on gimmicks and gadgets than quality control.
BTW, the Eaetsr Eggs I've found are in the menus; look in the taillights of the pink car and in the freeway sign. However, there's not really very much of interest there that shouldn't have just been in the featurette (emphasis on the "ette"--the thing's what, six minutes long?). For $10 I guess you get what you pay for, but actually having the commentary track that's listed on the back doesn't seem like an unrealistic expectation.
------------------
Andrew Hamm's new album Link Removed is available now!

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I would really like to see a Special Edition(5.1, 16x9 dir & Steve Martin Commentary, Deleted John Lithgow(Harry Zell) scenes!!!)
------------------

Andrew 'Ange Hamm' Hamm

Supporting Actor
Wouldn't that be fantastic? This is such a brilliant movie; FAR superior even to Martin's excellent Roxanne, and deserves some loving attention.
------------------
Andrew Hamm's new album Link Removed is available now!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks