What's new

la femme Nikita season 4/5 (1 Viewer)

billGR

Agent
hi everyone i hope they reduce the prices of la femme nikita tv serie dvd sets $100 is little to rich for my blood. thanks bill please keep me informed:)

ethanTo

Stunt Coordinator
I hope that they release Season 4 and 5 together (maybe at the same price as the other single seasons..going over the 100 price tag would be aggravating!)

The wait between each season has been sort of ridiculous, I don't want to wait another 2 years to get the last 8 episodes.

Brett*H

Stunt Coordinator
I'm a big fan of La Femme Nikita,too and have all 3 seasons so far.(I was one of the lucky few who managed to snag a copy of the original season 2 before it was pulled from the store shelves due to an issue with music rights or whatever the reason was.)

It would be nice to see seasons 4 and 5 released together in one set as season 5 is comprised of only 8 episodes.

It doesn't look like this is going to happen though as the 2 remaining seasons will be released individually according to The LFN Haven:

http://p079.ezboard.com/fsavelfn6941...D=5 236.topic

The 4th season was originally slated to be released in the first quarter of 2006 but has been delayed until the third quarter which is July,Aug. and Sept. :frowning:

I guess I would rather have them later than never see a release at all.

Eric DiPiazza

Stunt Coordinator
I also would like to get these. I wish that they would come out quicker.

I too was able to get the "recalled" version of season 2. Does anybody know exactly what song in which episode caused all the trouble?

ethanTo

Stunt Coordinator
Yep I have the recalled one too. :)

And it was #1 crush by Garbage.

Well, thanks for that link from LFN Haven, I hope that they'll at least release them close timewise then. (I'd be fine with them releasing them together same day too!)

Jeff#

Screenwriter
You mean the tune in which Shirley Manson sings "I will lie for you...I will die for you....I will cook and clean, and in between..."? :)

I hope somebody is selling that on E-Bay or Amazon.com , and that it's a Region 1 (USA) version.

Scott_F_S

Second Unit
I thought there is no difference in the pre- and post-recall sets. It's just that they had to hold up sales to clear up a rights issue on the song in question. No?

ElijahS

Supporting Actor
They tried to, and eventually they had to replace the song. Warners is good with music replacement, with this being the first of two times the technique's been used.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
I remember season 2 was going for over 100 on ebay before the reissue came out.

Season 1 dropped to 75.00 retail I believe. It's still pretty high though. I never caught this when it was on USA, but I've been watching season 1. It's very fun and I enjoy it a lot. Here's hoping they release the final 2 seasons together... but they probably won't. :frowning:

Brett*H

Stunt Coordinator

When the recall was first announced,a copy of the recalled season 2 sold for over $600 on ebay.:rolleyes:(I'll bet Warner just loved to see that!)

I found this particularly foolish and funny at the same time,because I walked into my local Best Buy and there was copy after copy of the recalled version sitting on the shelf. I bought mine for aprox. $80.00 with the tax. The check-out people claimed they had not heard of the recall when we mentioned it to them.

I'm not crazy enough to pay $600 for even my most wanted tv show or movie on dvd just because it's out of production. I think that borders on hysterical obsession.

Let's just hope the music rights are all cleared for the final 2 releases.

Jeff#

Screenwriter
I wouldn't pay $600 for any single season of a TV series on DVD either! All that you need to do is buy the existing 2nd season, play the episode in question, and when it comes to the part where the Garbage song used to be heard...put on a CD of that song as you watch it on the screen with the replacement music muted during that particular scene. Problem solved! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks