What's new

La Femme Nikita S2 Difference? (1 Viewer)

Josh_HI

Second Unit
I saw on tvshowsondvd.com it has La Femme Nikita Season 2 listed twice.One says original. I was wondering if there is a difference between the one they are releasing soon and the one that 'accidentally' got released and canceled last July. Thanks

Alex Wagner

Stunt Coordinator
I remember reading somewhere they only changed one song.

i don't remember where or if its true.

Andreas_K

Stunt Coordinator
Do any hardcore "La Femme Nikita" fans know yet which song has been changed now that the set is out?

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor
I don't have the answer to the song question, but I'm happy to say that Season 3 details were just announced by Warner: the release date is 28th June 2005, it will arrive on six discs and presented in 1.33:1 full frame with English 2.0 Surround tracks. English, French and Spanish subtitles will also be provided. :emoji_thumbsup:

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor
OK, I found the missing song: it's "#1 Crush" by Garbage, and it was pulled from the "Double Date" episode.

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda
Ken...you are correct.

http://dvd2.aldokkan.com/777HRA.html (See comment #2, from 3-6-05)

This is a bit of a disappointment, since "Double Date" is a sequel to the 1st-season episode "Obsessed", in which the song is also featured (and for which it was cleared for the 1st-season DVD set). But at least Warners tried, and for that I give them major credit.

I was one of the lucky ones who managed to get my hands on one of the original recalled sets, and I'm glad. I haven't had a chance to pick up this version yet (yes, I do indeed plan to get it, even though I have the recalled set!), so I have no idea what song they may have used as a replacement.

BTW, any fans of the actual original music soundtracks from LFN should check out this excellent resource:

http://www.aadikah.com/nikita/album/index.shtml

Andreas_K

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the info Ken and Linda.
Since Garbage is my favorite band I'm glad I got a used copy of the recalled set relatively cheap from Ebay last month.
It's funny though that Warner licensed a song that would return in season 2 just for the season 1 set. The only explanation I have is that they wanted to see if sales were good enough to do a 2nd season set at all. Or maybe the record label became aware of the success of TVDVD and wanted to re-negotiate.

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda
OK...I stand corrected...I think...

I read the LFN newsgroup on Usenet, and one of our regular posters (very reliable and knowledgable) posted today that Number 1 Crush is indeed STILL in the teaser for "Double Date". So, the info which I "confirmed" above may in fact be erroneous.

I still haven't had a chance to swing by either Wal-Mart or BB to pick up a revised set, so I can't check anything out for myself yet. But, looks like the search for the revision may still be on.

Anybody else heard or found anything?!?

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield

Great news, Ken! Sorry that I cannot help with the soundtrack question, though. I have a copy of the recalled Season 2, but have no plans to pick up the new release with the replaced song.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks