What's new

La Femme Nikita on sale this week at Best Buy $14.99 each (1 Viewer)

mjjckc

Auditioning
Real Name
/
One of the few shows out there that still is normally priced at X Files/Star Trek original release levels.

Joel Surnow, Robert Cochran, and Micahel Loceff all worked on it prior to 24 if you are familiar with that show.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
IMO, one of the finest shows ever to run on television. I loved seasons 1-4; season 5 was a bit odd, since it was pretty much an afterthought. But the concept of the mole (and whom it turned out to be) was well done, I thought. I will probably still buy them all one day. :emoji_thumbsup:

Love, Grey, Special Ops, Three-Eyed Turtle, and Up the Rabbit Hole are among my favorites. I also loved the lockdown episode, the Jurgen arc, Burkoff's exchange, Burkoff's 'cult'-like episode (and esp. how he got out of his predicament!), and of course, the revealing of "Mr. Jones." I also liked it when George dressed down Operations every now and then. And Madelyn, Michael, and of course, Nikita, were wonderful in their roles.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
Wonderful stuff. :emoji_thumbsup:

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Stop posting these sales in this forum. Place them in the Bargains and Discounts forum where they belong.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I've been searching HTF for about an hour to find a thread dedicated to this show. Does anyone own any of the seasons on DVD? If so, what do you think of the product (including the packaging)? Thanks in advance.

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
Have wanted to buy this show for so long but living in the UK would cost loads in customs charges, so waiting for it to come on offer at amazon as doubt best buy ship here

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nikki,

I've been researching the product online for a couple of days. You just reminded me of something--the U.K. versions of the show. If these are anything like the U.K. versions of some of the Trek series, I may take the plunge and purchase them from the U.K. The only negatives I have been reading (and these have been few and far between) are that the boxes the discs are stored in do not hold up all that well. If true, then that is another reason for me to purchase the U.K. version (assuming they are as good as the Trek casings).

Okay, I just checked. The U.K. version appears to be the same as the North American version (except for the price).

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I own all the seasons -- including the version of Season 2 that was recalled due to a songs rights issue (it was later re-released with the song replaced). My wife and I were big fans of the series when it originally aired on USA Network. The packaging is fine. If I recall, there were a few songs replaced in the later seasons, but it wasn't really noticeable to me, nor did it detract from the programs.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Scott,

Wow, you own the collector's item then? That's great! Thanks for the feedback. It's a pricey show, but it's also one of the best shows ever to run on basic cable (IMO).

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing

Can you buy La Femme Nikita in the UK, I've never seen a R2 release for it?

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nikki,

I don't think so. It looks like only Region 1 is available right now. I went to the U.K. Amazon site, hoping to find Region 2 (I have a region-free player). I will probably just purchase Region 1 sometime soon.

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing

You had me then I was thinking have been searching for it constantly to check if it got a release here and was starting to think how did I miss that. Am coming to Florida for a holiday in June if its on offer maybe I will get it.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nikki,

Sorry about the confusion. Good luck getting the series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bill scruggs
Recent bookmarks