L200u transcoder??

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Eric Hahn, Mar 9, 2004.

1. Eric Hahn

Eric Hahn Agent

I just aquired a used L200U Panisonic fpj, i really like it, It came with a transcoder, If I use my panasonic xp30 dvd player with 480P through the transcoder to the d sub onnector, will I get better pq than just the component 480P straight from my xp30?

It is hard to imagine it could be better?

I am supprised at the clarity of this used jem, although the screen door is visible, it is not distracting to me, on a blackout screen, I understand grey would help that.

So any thoughts, 200 owners, should I use the transoder or just use the component??

Do I need the transcoder, or could I just get a breakout cable like the x1 or pb 6100??

main question is because I need longer cables, and the 15 pin d sub is alot more money, I do not know if it has any advantages? and I do not understand what this transcoder actually does?

2. Michael TLV

Michael TLV THX Video Instructor/Calibrator

Michael Chen
    Greetings

Converting the 480p signal from component to rgb usually permits improved grayscale adjustments and better overscan control of the image.

Regards

3. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

Agreed. With both the 100 and 200, you are able to use the 480p wide setting through the VGA port. Allows best pixel-perfect type connection and more control over adjustments as Michael says.

4. Eric Hahn

Eric Hahn Agent

I have now hooked up the pj using the transoder, and set teh pc priority to wide, but now thier seems to ba a redis heu to the top black bar on the 235:1 movie I was viewing, I did notice it seemed clearer, but any idea how to get rid of the red?

5. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

Could be on the DVD. Anamorphic DVD's store the information for those bars.