What's new

L.A. Dragnet 10/11/03 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
10/11/03 Episode 2.2

They really need to do a better job of introducing cop characters on the show because people just show up and then we get tidbits about them, but it's a little annoying.

So Roselyn Sanchez gets transferred to Joe's department/unit. Does she replace the other latina officer from the first episode of this season?

The case itself was more useful as a litmus test for Sanchez's character, than being all that interesting. Joe is still the man with the insights and instincts.

Colin Davidson

Second Unit
Patrick I agree.

I am also glad that Joe/Ed O'Neill is still taking a lead in the show. I was at first worried that with the changes to the show that Joe's part would be cameos as he tasked the new people to the cases. I really think Ed O'Neill makes this show and has made the part of Joe Friday his own. Hope it stays on for awhile.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
All I was thinking when I was staring at Roselyn in HDTV: There's no way women this hot work in law enforcement...

Does anyone else think that ABC HDTV color is "off", as in too red-blue?

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
Did anyone catch the slip-in line Friday gave at the end.

"We just want the facts"

That made me giggle.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Heck, he actually said "just the facts". I noticed it, but I think it's an example of how good Ed O'Neil is on this show - he made it a line Lt. Friday would say, not just an attempt to ape Jack Webb.

Colin Davidson

Second Unit
I also noticed that the colors were "off" especially in the outdoor scenes at the aquaduct.

Also is it ABC that has trouble syncing sound and picture or is it the local broadcast? Dont seem to have the problem with CBS. (guess this should go to the HDTV forum but was just curious)

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Dragnet has always been pretty moralistic, but I thought that this episode was annoyingly so. BTW, did Joe get promoted last year or this season?

I too thought that the color was off.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Yep, part of the tinkering for this series was to make Sgt. Friday a Lieutenant in charge of a group of detectives. It was done in part to give the show a more tactical feel, sort of different from other cop shows, and in part because Ed O'Neil isn't getting any younger, and appearing in every scene of an hourlong show with extensive location shooting was pretty tough on him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks