Kylie Minogue DVD... available?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by David Susilo, Jan 31, 2002.

1. David Susilo

David Susilo Screenwriter

Just curious, is there any Kylie Minogue DVD available for region 1 ?

2. Rob Willey

Rob Willey Screenwriter

Rob
    She's in Moulin Rouge, does that count? [​IMG]
    Rob

3. David Susilo

Tee hee [​IMG] Naah, that doesn't count.

4. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

I dunno about the DVD scene with her, but I know where her nekkid pics are on the internet! :b [​IMG]

5. luke cav

luke cav Stunt Coordinator

6. David Susilo

I don't have a multi region & multi system player. Besides, I need those DVDs for my study.

I hope they release Kylie's DVD for R1 soon, especially after her Fever album is selling wuite nicely in the US.

7. David Susilo

David Lambert,
    a link would be nice. e-mail me!
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    please please please please plase
    (this has nothing to do with the study, obviously)

8. PatrickM

PatrickM Screenwriter

Just for you David. Click here.
    Patrick

9. David Susilo

Woke up in a pool of drool. Slurp... Yum...

me... incoherent... drool.

Oh yeah... DVD. So no news aboutthat yet right?

10. Ron-P

Ron-P Producer

Ron
    Lucky Tennis racket[​IMG]
    Peace Out~[​IMG]

11. Mark_TS

Mark_TS Screenwriter

quote:

-------

I hope they release Kylie's DVD for R1 soon, especially after her FEVER album is selling quite nicely in the *US*.

-----

what? CDNOW list this as being out on Feb 26-must be an *import* as 99% of her albums are-the bean counters here see fit to keep in release only ONE of her *dozens* of CDs....her First, from 1988(TWO, when FEVER gets released...)

I would think Canada would be next in line for an R1 DVD, as she is quite well known and loved there, AFAICT...

I do have a Japanese LD of hers -LETS GET TO...THE VIDEOS.

Saucy...

12. David Susilo

Really? I ordered (and received) Fever from HMV.com in October 2001. I also ordered Light Years (the one before Fever) from HMV.com in September 2001. I also read from www.kylie.co.uk (non official site of Kylie) that Fever is selling quite well in North America (I just assume that USA is included).
    But get this, they were both pressed in Canada and I had to pay US$16 for each.
    I really hope they will release all of her music videos and concerts on R1 DVDs. As far CDs, I own most of them, including the singles for the first 5 albums.

13. Luis Esp

Luis Esp Supporting Actor

Apparently her record label is changing the cover photo for the American release of Fever. Lucky you, I think that retro 80's cover that's available is really cheesy. Who the hell was the photographer?

I've been looking for her double cd "Live And Intimate" from her '98(?) tour. Hmv has it for $25.99, but the one track I'm looking for is her cover of "Dancing Queen".

I'm surprised her record would release "Fever" here in Canada before the States. It's great pop music, much better than Britney Spears.

14. Mark Lee

Mark Lee Second Unit

Was just recently in Australia on vacation -- as one might expect, Kylie is HUGE there. Had to pick up the local edition of FHM magazine while I was there because she was on the cover (she's definitely tasty....[​IMG] ). Also saw one of her new videos -- don't recall which song it was for (there was singing? [​IMG] ), but I do remember she was wearing a nice, drapy, loooowww-cut outfit that gave you some nice views while she's prancing around.
    How old is she, tho? I mean, she's been doing the music thang since the '80s, hasn't she? So much for the ravages of time....
    For those of you more in the know about Ms. Minogue than I am, tho, I seem to recall reading somewhere that she'd done a collaboration somewhere along the way with Nick Cave. Now that I gotta hear!! Talk about opposite ends of the spectrum!

15. Julian Lalor

Julian Lalor Supporting Actor

Minogue is 33 and the video you're thinking of is "Can't Get You Out of My Head" (I think that's the title). Her Live in Sydney DVD is pretty good, as has both DTS and DD 5.1 (with no PAL speed up as it was filmed in video).

16. Richard Michael Clark

Richard Michael Clark Second Unit

Nice to see Kylie getting some attention in the US of A at long last!
    She's been an institution here in the UK and in Oz since 1988. Most peeps my age (mid to late 20s) grew up watching her in Oz soap "neighbours" before she became the pop icon she is now. Natalie Imbruglia started out in "neighbours" too! (as did Russell Crowe & Guy Pearce).
    Anyway for anyone who cares "can't get you out of my head" was produced by Cathy Dennis (some 80s kids might remember her!?).
    Kylie also did a fantastic duet with Robbie Williams in 2000 called "Kids". WHY is he not a mega-star in the US either???? You guys have serious taste by-pass issues [​IMG]
    The Nick Cave duet was "Where the wild roses grow", a haunting song and very moving.
    C'mon you lot, make her a [​IMG] in the US!!!!!!

17. David Susilo

I'm also waiting for her first major movie "The Deliquents" (released in Australia in 1991).

33yo and THAT yum... drool drool drool... start to be incoherent... must... continue... post... some other time, or rather... oh well... droooooool.

18. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Producer

I am surprised nobody mention her cover of "Locomotion" was a #1 hit here in the US when I was in high school.

19. Julian Lalor

Julian Lalor Supporting Actor

Have you seen The Delinquents? Blech. Although Minogue at least outshone her co-star, man of the minute Charlie Schaeffer (he of 18 Again infamy). Terrible, terrible movie that was made for no other reason than to capitalise on both stars recent fame.

20. David Susilo

It is true, The Delinquents is REALLY bad. However, I'd like to collect it for the sake of collecting it.

Now that you mentioned it, why on earth do I want to even just collect it. duh! too much drooling, I guess.

ps: are you related to Joe Lalor of Toronto Canada?