What's new

Kyle , Dan , any Tumult news ? (1 Viewer)

Dean Mar

Stunt Coordinator
It's been about 6 weeks since I have heard anything in regards to the status of the Tumult's. Are you still waiting on getting correct voice coils ?

Not complaining, just wondering what's up and when we might see a resumption in shipping.

Thanks!

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
The email I got a few weeks ago said that I mine should be shipping on the 27th. That was Monday so we'll wait and see...

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
I was wondering if that was you, Rich!

Craig, Rich is getting dual Tumults with an LT and a QSC PLX3402!

Craig Woodhall

Supporting Actor
Brian,

WOW, that should have a little output.. :D Rich can't wait to hear a review.. Seems like im pretty much the only one with a Tumult up and running.. Can't wait for folks to start getting them and hearing what everyone thinks..

Craig

Rich X

Stunt Coordinator
I can't wait to hear the review either:D ! (Hint, Hint Brian). I've got the QSC amp and an eq sitting in boxes in basement, now all I need are the subs.

I've seen some of your comments Craig and they are only serving to make me more anxious. Keep 'em coming.

I plan to integrate the subs Brian is building for me in with Aerial Acoustics 7b's for front L/R, CC3b Center, and SR3 surrounds. Should sound pretty nice when all is said and done.

Rich

BrianKR

Second Unit
LT?

Craig,
how about some more info on your monster now that you have had a lil time to play with it? How does it sound for music and HT? Does it rattle the room and give you that kick in the chest during movies?
info......:emoji_thumbsup:

Craig Woodhall

Supporting Actor
how about some more info on your monster now that you have had a lil time to play with it?
it is a great sub, best ive ever owned.. still need to dial it in and start graphing my room so I can eq some of the peaks and valleys around.. thank god I have Friday off :D
I did find out though that the weighting was forgot so it is actually tuned to 22hz or so and I wanted 18hz.. With a lower tuning frequency it protects the driver/PR's and gives my sub more power handling ability with less chance of bottoming..

so one more time i have to pull the PR's outta the box and fiddle around, but it should be fun..

Craig

Kyle Richardson

Screenwriter
I'll try to send an e-mail out to everybody as well as posting here.
The last time I talked to the build house while attending CES they indicated that once they had the voice coils in they could build up about 20 drivers with the remaining lot built around mid-February. Now it appears that the voice coils arrived but they dont have motors to build up the partial order of 20 drivers like they originally stated. It still looks like mid February for a complete build of all drivers once the motors are unloaded from the ship on the west coast (and we all know what a hassle that has been).
Wish I had better news :angry:

Seth_L

Screenwriter
And so the saga continues. I wonder if I will get my Tumult before the 1 year anniversary of my trying to buy a BP1503 and picking a Tumult instead.

Seth

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Dammit! And I just finished my enclosure today! :) Oh well, at least I'll have pictures (hopefully tonight!)to show everyone for the next few weeks until the driver arrives.

Jeff Rosz

Second Unit
hi brian,
Rich is getting dual Tumults with an LT and a QSC PLX3402!
my plans exactly! for now i have 3.5 ft^3 stuffed for music, then flip the swith on the LT to .7 @ 20 or so for HT. thoughts? mind sharing your box and LT numbers so i/we might compare. thanks :)

seth, ouch, dont even go there.

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Jeff,

Rich had some size limitations so we went with an 18" external cube made with 1.5" MDF (roughly 53L internally). It's been so long since I looked at the LT design I don't remember all the specs. I do know that it will give a Qtc=.6 and I think the F3 will be around 22Hz or so. I know Fb is 18Hz.

Based on a design Dan Wiggins posted on HD using the QSC amp, an LT and dual Brahma 15's in roughly 4ft^3, this design should be equivalent to 4 Velodyne HGS18's.

Greg Yeatts

Second Unit
There is an audio liquidator that posted on another forum that has the remaining stock of BPD 1503 that are available for sale.

I talked with a guy at Adire in Tuesday who said that Tumults may be shipping next week. He wanted me to call him back today or tomorrow for more details. I will call him tomorrow. I would love to believe this, but it contradicts what Kyle has told us. I know that Kyle wouldn't BS us (this is not sarcasm).

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Greg,

I've been meaning to call Dan myself and see what's going on. I also have some other business to discuss with him anyway, so I figure I can kill two birds with one stone.

Greg Yeatts

Second Unit
Brian

I won't call him if you are going to call. I don't want to bug them. Will you please post us an update when you call Dan.

Thanks.

DanWiggins

Second Unit
Hi all,

Our build house is still waiting for the last motor parts to arrive. As soon as they come in, we'll get them built up ASAP. I am sorry for the delay, but we're still stuck with the aftermath of the shipping nightmare of October and November.

However, I can say that those drivers we have built up and shipped so far turned out exactly as planned, and I think those who have them will confirm they were worth the wait.

Thanks for your patience,

Dan Wiggins
Adire Audio

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks