What's new

KVM switch problems (1 Viewer)

MattLS

Agent
At my office, i have a KVM switch (a D-Link) to toggle between my machine and our server. Recently we had a series of power outages that, coupled with a faulty UPS both machines were connected to, caused some problems. After the last outage, the KVM switch just quit working. I assumed it had been fried so i picked up a new one (a Belkin). However, this new one won't work either. Once installed (while both machines were powered down) i was able to toggle once from my machine to the server (the mouse was working, i could see the server's desktop) but as soon as i began typing on the keyboard to log in everything froze; no mouse, no keyboard, couldn't toggle back to my machine. Any thoughts on this? I am completley baffled.
Thanks!

Kimmo Jaskari

Screenwriter
Maybe one of the machines took a hit. Or the keyboard.

As usual the best error finding method is the one you've already started on, replace one thing at a time and see if anything changes. Keyboard, mouse, one computer, the other computer, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks