What's new

KV32FS13 problems help!!! (1 Viewer)

barrie

Auditioning
:angry:
Hi. My set is experencing a bar of light along the top of the set about 4 inches wide,say when your in a black screen (video 2 or video 3 ),the top 4 inches is gradent colored from dark grey to white light at the very top. I didnt notice it at first,but since I brought home my NEW set on Sat morning Ive had a hell of a time. The picture is unfocused to the point where some writing on the screen is un readable.It just plain looks BAD, Iam running a Svideo cable from my sat pvr to the back of the set ,and componant video cable from the DVD to the comp in on the tv, Has anyone heard of any thing even remotely simular to this problem, ANY HELP would be more than appereciated ,Tnanks in advance.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Sounds like the infamous "uneven brightness" issue/non-issue to me--though I am more familiar with the unevenness running vertically, not horizontally.

Have you played around with the WEGA's settings yet? I am curious about the lack of focus you report. As for the uneven brightness, it's a relatively minor issue except for very dark scenes in any films you screen.

barrie

Auditioning
Hi Mr Jack.,,Id say Hi jack,,but you know what kind of trouble we can get into with that.Sorry,,,youve only heard this 2 gazillion times .Any way,I have tried every setting known to man.Played with the different presets the set has.I read some threads here regarding the different settings,but all to no avail.I get a pretty good picture with dvds of course,but when the dvd goes to the screen saver at the beginning or end,,I get flickering horizantal lights,,,kind of like something was loose somewhere. And the greatest thing about all of this is,,is its NOT consistant.Sometime a dvd will start and everything look normal,other times not. It dosent matter weather the set is just on,,or on for hours. Ive had the set since friday,and have maybe 10 hours total on it ,,just hopping its burn in.Any way thanks for the reply.....

Patrick_Doran

Auditioning
I had what seems to be a similar problem: seemingly random thin white line along the top of the screen (on the right hand side). I sent a first set back because of this, and was horrified when the new set showed the same problem. I called a certified Sony repair firm, who did a house call, made some adjustments, and I have had no problems since then.

barrie

Auditioning
Hi Patrick,and all. Yes, Ive tried everything possable,so I called Sony. I'am Impressed. They had a service rep tp my home the next day. he did a little tweeking here and there and all seems fine.A somewhat over zealous video gun ,and convergance. All is well in video land. Thanks all.:) ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks