What's new

KV29-FS100 service mode (1 Viewer)

Felipe Tuoni

Auditioning
Hi guys, first of all I'd like to introduce myself here, this is my first post, so..HELLO EVERYBODY!!!

Before stating my problem, I'd like to say that I did an extensive search and didn't find anything related to my main query, so I'm just gonna ask and hope you guys can help me!!

I own a Sony wega KV29fs100 TV and my brother learned how to access its service mode and messed with the parameters, without writing down the original ones.
So, I'd deeply appreciate any kind of help and if somebody could send me the service mode manual, it'd be fantastic too...

Thanks in advance...

hope to hear from you soon!!

Felipe Tuoni

Auditioning
hey guys, help me please!!
I've been tweaking here and there and I really need help with the VP1 menu!!

Thanks!!

Steve Berger

Supporting Actor
There are 31 VP1 adjustments and like most of the newer sets there is no official Factory documentation on any of them. The service manual only mentions about 10 adjustments of any sort, mostly basic geometry (out of several hundred). There is a long thread on Sony service menu items over at AVS, but you will have to probably read the whole thing to figure anything out (I haven't). If you have some specific adjustments that you need the starting values for, I can look them up.

Felipe Tuoni

Auditioning
as a matter of fact I do Steve, here they are:

VSIZ
VBOW
VANG
VTRP
UPIN
LPIN
VSIZ
VPOS
VLIN
SCOR

Thanks a lot for your help!!
And could you please give me direction to this thread you've mentioned in your post?
Thanks again!

Felipe Tuoni

Auditioning
I went to the AVS forum and I think I found the thread you're talking about...but it's way too big and I couldn't find anything...
Most of the posts were talking about xbr models.

Steve Berger

Supporting Actor
I'm not sure exactly what the settings mean, but each one has three numbers; like (11/2-7). The first number may be the typical setting while the other is a normal range.
VSIZ (OE/2-7) vert size
VBOW (16/4-7) afc bow
VANG (16/0-3) afc angle
VTRP (20/3-7) trapezium
UPIN (14/2-7) up-cpin (upper corner pincushion?)
LPIN (1C/2-7) lo-cpin (lower corner pin?)
VPOS (OE/2-7) v position
VLIN (10/0-3) v linearity
SCOR (10/4-7) S correction
You should be able to compare these numbers with what you see on screen. This model doesn't have as nice a reference list as some models. These all seem to be geometry corrections

I hadn't read through the AVS thread, just noticed it there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks