KV-36XBR450 color problems after moving

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scott Mizo, Dec 17, 2001.

1. Scott Mizo

Scott Mizo Auditioning

Hi all,

I thought I finally had a perfect move where something did not get damaged and then I turned on my TV. Somehow, the color got messed up and I now have a red tinge in both the upper left and lower right of the set. It is very noticable and is driving me nuts. Does anyone know the cause of this and how to fix it?

Thanks

Scott

2. ChrisMatson

ChrisMatson Cinematographer

It may be magnetic interference. Have you tried turning the set on and off? Unplugging it and plugging it back in? I have heard that some TVs are very sensitive to orientation with respect to North/South poles. Can you turn the TV and see if that makes a difference?

Good luck,

Chris

3. Allan Jayne

Allan Jayne Cinematographer

Magnetic interference can also be caused by things such as a lawn sprinkler controller or a washing machine on the other side of the wall, or in the case of an apartment, some electronic gizmo or loudspeakers belonging to a neighbor. Move the set into the middle of the room with the VCR not on top of it, at least for a few hours to see if the problem goes away.
    If the set goes through at least ten on-off cycles with a minimum of one hour on and one hour off (a week of normal viewing will do this) it should be degaussed enough so that is not the cause of the discoloration, assuming the built in degausser is working correctly.
    More video hints:
    http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/video.htm