What's new

kung pow! enter the Phantom Menace (1 Viewer)

EricW

Senior HTF Member
i was watching Phantom Menace the other day and near the beginning as i was listening to the Trade Federation characters, i kept thinking 'where have i hear these accents lately?' and i realized it was alot like those used in Kung Pow! Enter thie Fist :) just an observation.

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
I haven't had the guts to see Kung Pow yet, and probably won't. So I can't help ya. But if you say so, I believe you.
By the way, welcome to the forum.:)

Mitty

Supporting Actor
When the movie was released there was a LOT of talk about the fact that the villains had Asian sounding accents, and that the buffoon-like Jar Jar sounded black, like a caricature of a Rastafarian or something.
So, you're not the only one who noticed. I think George Lucas sure wished at the time that no one had made that observation.
Naturally, having the British Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee cast as villains was OK with everyone. :)

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
Well, I can't say I know what you're talking about. Kung Pow: Enter The Fist caused me such nightmares, I had to have a labotomy.
Bruce

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I saw Kung Pow on request one day. Its one of the worst movies Ive ever seen -But damn it was funny!! I mean some of it was side splitting hilarious.

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor
I thought king pow was funny as hell. Granted it was not the best movie ever but you dont expect these to be oscar winners do you? I laughed so hard in parts I had to go buy it on dvd. Ive seen it three times now and will watch it again.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Kung Pow is a very strange animal for me, I don't know whether to hate it or love it.
On one hand the film is just a mess :thumbsdown:, but on the other hand it's drop dead funny at times. :laugh:

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Jar-Jar's character was black? Nahh, his role was far to prominent in a Star Wars movie for his character to have been black. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks