What's new

Kung Pow: Enter the Fist - laughed myself sick (1 Viewer)

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Really funny! ::D
I wish they wouldn't have put that lame Matrix spoof in the trailer though... haven't we seen that enough already? Well, not with a cow shooting milk, but still. :)
/Mike

Brad_W

Screenwriter
The real lame thing about the trailer was...

"And to check out the hotties."

Why did the "movie guy" have to say that???

Other than that it looked... funny.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
I also hated it when I saw it. The main guy is Steve Oedekerk. He directed Liar, Liar and AV2. Guess he figured it was easy to act, so he made this.

Take care,

Chuck

Brad_W

Screenwriter
I'd like to change my view. I thought it was very funny when I first watched it, but a second viewing showed too many things I thought were lame... oh well, I guess now I'll just see it on DVD.

Heck, I'm even going to edit my initial reply.

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
Oh come on guys...there is a place in movies for just plain goofiness. Somedays I want to see a movie where I don't have to think, don't even have to be aware that I'm sitting in a theater...just shovel the picture and sound in my head and I'll be happy.

Mike St.Louis

Supporting Actor
Oh come on guys...there is a place in movies for just plain goofiness.
Absolutely. But that doesn't mean they have to resort to tired cliches.

From the looks of this trailer it seems the creativity stopped after they came up with the name. "Kung Pow: Enter the Fist" is a hilarious title. A parody of Kung Fu movies seems like a great idea.

I watched the trailer a couple of times and I do admit it does drop in value after repeated viewing. But the first time I saw it I wasn't expecting it and it was a good thing I wasn't driking milk or it would have squirted out my nose. I still find the scene where he punches at the board pretty damn funny. But then I didn't like Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, so what do I know?

-Craig

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I was busting up....someone's gotta make a kung-fu spoof, right?
I don't know... I mean, is any kung-fu spoof really going to be more absurd then what's already out there? They've been having Bridgette Lin & Michelle Yeoh double features at a local theater lately, and, really, Kung Pow actually looks about as nutty as the likes of Zu: Warriors Of The Magic Mountain or Heroic Trio.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks