What's new

Kung Fu - the original show (1 Viewer)

CohenL

Auditioning
Does anyone have an idea if Kung Fu, the show about a Taoist monk, will make it to DVD?

Jeff Pryor

Supporting Actor
Don't know, but I'd be there to buy it. Just read an article in the new issue of High Times featuring David Carradine. Good read.

DanaA

Screenwriter
My gosh, Kung Fu fans here at HTF. I'd buy DVD's in a moment if this series was released. Technically, it probably wasn't the greatest stuff ever made, but I so loved it when Grasshopper would stroll into a Western saloon, be confronted by mean spirited jerks, try to talk to them peacefully, and end up having to kick their asses.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
I weirdly liked this series. The faux mysticism seemed kind of cool in 1973, but a bit hokey now. Nice photography, though--and the music was good, too.

Same here, in noticing that Kane spoke softly and about love and Zen oneness with all--until the final act, when he kicks kung fu ass and beats his opponents to a pulp.

It's sort of a twist on the Billy Jack theme.

But, as I said, I liked the series. (It made me want to learn martial arts, but I had recently broken my leg very, very seriously--out of commission for nearly two years--from having been on the receiving end of a car/motorcycle collision.

(A sixteen-year-old girl had just received her driver's license, and later that day pulled in front of me when I was riding my just-paid-off Honda CB750K2 Four. Kung Fu was an entertainment during my lengthy, excrutiatingly painful three-operation, two-year recovery. Took my mind off the agony.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks