What's new

Kung Fu Panda 3 (1 Viewer)

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Looks like there is no thread for this film. Saw it last night. It turned out better than I thought it would be. Not quite as good as the first, but better than the second one. The action scenes were well done and I liked how they used a "2D animation" style for flashbacks. The use of split screen effects in some sequences was something I don't remember seeing too often in animated films. It was certainly better use of the technique than in the live action Ang Lee "Hulk" movie.

The father-son thread in the film was a lot better done from an emotional aspect than the terrible job that was done in Star Wars: The Force Awakens. All-in-all the film managed to maintain the quality of the first two which is a feat in itself, since most film franchises, live action or animated, tend to really start to suffer in quality by installment 3.

steve jaros

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
The father-son thread in the film was a lot better done from an emotional aspect than the terrible job that was done in Star Wars: The Force Awakens. All-in-all the film managed to maintain the quality of the first two which is a feat in itself, since most film franchises, live action or animated, tend to really start to suffer in quality by installment 3.

I saw this the other day. I have never seen KFP or KFP2, so have no way to compare with the first two films in the series.

As for KFP3, i was underwhelmed. As animated movies go, it was way behind the best stuff that has been released lately (e.g., Inside Out, Lego Movie, Big Hero 6), it's down there with "the good dinosaur". I liked the emotional stuff between the father and son well enough, in fact, much better than the fighting and action scenes, which were just a mess to me.

3/10 stars, I was glad when this one ended.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
While I think the first one is still the best of the three, I'd recommend you not bothering with the first two as the tone and quality of all three films has been pretty consistent as far as characterization, action and story goes. If you didn't care much for KFP3 then you probably would not enjoy the other two any better.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Kung Fu Panda is a favorite of mine. I also enjoy the second. This third was enjoyable and competent, though not as amazing as the original. Recommended for fans, and a safe family choice for all viewers.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Kung Fu Panda is a favorite of mine. I also enjoy the second. This third was enjoyable and competent, though not as amazing as the original. Recommended for fans, and a safe family choice for all viewers.

Pretty well it in a nutshell. Dreamworks Animation recent output has been rather spotty with the dud "Home" and misfires like "Sherman and Peabody" and "Turbo". In amongst all that the KFP series has managed to maintain a consistent quality in animation and story. Personally, I like three a bit better than two, mostly due to the interaction between Po and his adoptive and biological father. Normally, that kind of father/son thread would turn me off of a film, but they managed to do a decent job of it in this film.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks