What's new

Kung Fu Chaos - Too frikken cool, must buy (1 Viewer)

Kris Coffin

Stunt Coordinator
Just picked up OXM a couple days back, and tried Kung Fu Chaos with a couple buddies tonight. And I must say this is just a blast to play. Beautiful environments, super fun gameplay. And even a hell of a lot of single player challenges.

Going out tomorrow morning and picking it up.

Any other impressions, or is anyone else playing this?

KC

Scott Bourden

Second Unit
I thought it looked fun at first, but after a few hours, I noticed that the graphics were not nearly as hot as the screenshots had led me to believe, it became dull pretty quick (too repetitive, even in 4 player multi) and the single player is... uggh.

Just my take on it though, I only spent about 4 hours with it.

Daren Welsh

Supporting Actor
I was the only one to pre-order it at my local GS :p I'm still playing it off and on (like most of my games) and I'm up to about 72% unlockedness. I got to 40% fairly quickly, but then it took some time to get my kung fu mojo going to unlock some more stuff.

I can see how it can get repetitive and boring for some people. Even I don't play it more than a couple hours without switching out to something else, but I'm still playing it a few times a week. I'm concentrating on getting the 100% super unlockedness so when I have people over for 4-player, we'll have all the options.

In short, if you plan on playing mostly single-player, just rent it for 5 days. If you have buddies who like melee/mini games (I think it's a great drinking game), then go ahead and buy it. btw ... I did a mini-review in this forum a while back.

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
I have it and we love it at my house. People are always coming over and playing it, 4 player teams is great.

James Zos

Supporting Actor
Just checked out the demo for this and I'm really impressed. I usually don't like cartoonish games, but they REALLY captured the chop-socky feel of all those great 70s kung fu flicks with the whole layout of the game, and the sound, for such a silly setup, is excellent. I was suprised to find nice ambiant surround channels along with the Enter the Dragon theme and sound effects. Seems like there are quite a lot of combos to learn to. Could it get boring rather quickly? Maybe, which is why I'll probably rent it first for a week before I consider buying it. Right now this is the most impressive demo I've seen for the Xbox in a while, and I haven't even had a chance to try multiplayer yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks