Kudos to Best Buy Canada

Discussion in 'Music' started by Steve Winkler, Mar 16, 2005.

1. Steve Winkler

Steve Winkler Stunt Coordinator

In their recent flyer here in Calgary, they actually advertised both SACD and DVD-Audio!! They have the best selection in the city that I'm aware of and actually put some great albums on sale too. Finally picked up Fleetwood Mac's Rumours for a fair price. I hope they continue to bring in more titles.

Thought I'd just post this to give some more upbeat news regarding these struggling formats.

Cheers,

Steve

2. PaulT

PaulT Supporting Actor

Much as I bitched about yet another takeover of a Canadian Company by a US one, the local Future Shop - owned by Best Buy (Vernon, BC) also has the largest selection of DVD-A and SACD in my area. Fairly well marked and priced. The staff knows nothing about them, but they are not hidden away either. Maybe they are removing them off the shelves in the US and shipping them north [​IMG]. I was in Calgary 2 weeks ago and only HMV Chinook had a few DVD-A and Music World had nada in 2 stores I checked out in the City.

3. Scott Lawrence

Scott Lawrence Stunt Coordinator

Yeah BB Canada has a wonderful selection of DVDA/SACD at both the Coquitlam and Langley BC stores. I haven't tried the New Westminster store yet. But definitely the best selection in town, with A&B being second and Futureshop dead last, especially my local FS in Whalley.