Krock New York format change

Discussion in 'Music' started by Benson R, Apr 5, 2005.

1. Benson R

Benson R Supporting Actor

Did anyone else in the ny area notice that krock changed its format from alt rock to "all rock".

To be honest I kind of like the new format, but so far I havent really heard much from new bands I enjoy like the Killers and Franz Ferdinand, despite the fact that they are still supposed to play current hits.

More dissappointing, is that they seem to have gone dj free. I never really enjoyed krock's old format that much because it was dominated too much by things like Linkin Park. However I enjoyed their on air talent and will be disappointed if I cant listen to some of their better ones like Booker and Julie Slater.

2. Andrew 'Ange Hamm' Hamm

Andrew 'Ange Hamm' Hamm Supporting Actor

Well, the New York City radio scene is famously one of the most dismal and purely commercial in the nation, so it's hard for me to get too worked up about it. KRock was one of the exceptions, however. When I lived in Manhattan, I found myself pretty much never listening to the radio at all.

3. Paul_Medenwaldt

Paul_Medenwaldt Supporting Actor

My experience with format changes for radio stations has been that right after the change there is very little or no DJ presence on the station. They just play music and commercials. It may take a few weeks for them to get new talent signed.

Paul