What's new

Krispy Kreme To Open Outlets in Walmarts (1 Viewer)

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
yeah, but will the wal-mart stores have the manufacturing conveyor belt running? will the employees give you a free one hot off the conveyor belt? the ones that oh-so melt in your mouth?
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

yummy for my tummy!!!

but i gotta admit, i can only eat a couple of those per sitting. anymore and i start grossing out...

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor
Great, just another reason to hate the evil empire that is Wal-Mart. I can't really blame them for getting into as much stuff as they can, but I still get tired of Wal-Mart. It's just sorta sad how they've moved into towns everywhere and shut down Mom and Pop stores and downtowns everywhere.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Quite a blanket statement that isn't accurate "everywhere." We've had a local Wal-Mart for four years now and our downtown is as vibrant as ever.

Wal-Mart, Blockbuster, Microsoft...funny how success breeds contempt, isn't it? People seem to forget that Wal-Mart started as a single "mom and pop" store itself. It didn't just spring into existence as a fully-formed 2,500 store chain.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
Mom and Pop can always get a job at the Wal-Mart :D

I can just see some of the fine upstanding walmart customers, who are already 100 pounds overweight, loving the idea of being able to grocery shop, get their oil changed, and stuffing a few boxes of doughnuts down their pie hole. Great idea for Walmart, sure to be profitable.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Why not just combine Wal-Mart, Krispy Kremes, McDonalds, a Riffle Range, a Liquor Store, and a Laundromat, etc. into one gigantic mega store and call it:

"Ay-Yuh!"
Leave your IQ at the door and don't forget the green stamps!

Shawn C

Screenwriter
Krispy Kreme is tearing down one of it's oldest stores in Hampton, VA. It has been there for like 37 years. I guess they are building one of their new-style stores.

Oh well...

NickT

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick
Krispy Kreme is tearing down one of it's oldest stores in Hampton, VA. It has been there for like 37 years. I guess they are building one of their new-style stores.
I guess that must be the one on the corner of Mercury Blvd and Big Bethel Rd. I've eaten there many times. Hopefully it will still be there when i go back to visit this Christmas. The KK's in Seattle are not as good as back there.

Shawn C

Screenwriter
I guess that must be the one on the corner of Mercury Blvd and Big Bethel Rd. I've eaten there many times
Yeah, that would be the one. My parents told me about this when they were in town last week (They are from Hampton Roads..)

Rennie C

Auditioning
I see Krispy Creme donuts in the market everywhere I turn. They sell like mad. Must stay away from them. :b

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
So much hostility in here... quite amazing
not only did you add nothing to the conversation, the 'hostility' you speak of is just poking fun, light hearted humor.
i have yet to try a krispy kreme donut, i hear good things about them. my gf and i were going to try one on our latest trip to nyc, i think the reason why we didnt was because it was proably the single hottest day that i can remember experiencing in my 25 years, and i just wanted to drink water, not eat a fatty donut. the stores seem to be spreading, maybe they will have one in the new walmart to open here. the recently opened (within 5 years) walmart is going to move along the new highway project, perhaps i will get to try one of these famous donuts!

CJ

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
not only did you add nothing to the conversation, the 'hostility' you speak of is just poking fun, light hearted humor.
Well, I just went back and re-read the thread and I think you may be right. I must have been in a bad mood that day. I apologize if my comment made anyone feel bad.

I knew I shouldn't have taken up for those lazy, obese, toothless, slack-jawed, black bars-hatin', Big-Mac munchin', Krispy Kreme suckin', polyester-wearin' inbreeders that patronize the demon spawn of retail, killer of small town America that we know as Wal-Mart.

Wow, it feels good to add to the conversation.

;)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
There ya go Brett :laugh: good post.

I think everyone gets "Reved Up" whenever they see a thread with the word "Wal-Mart" in the title :D

Q: Why do we LOVE to make fun of Wal-Mart customers?
A: Because they give us SO much ammo.

John_Berger

Senior HTF Member
To bring a bit of seriousness into this, this is actually a very good business model for them. KK doesn't need to spend time getting building permits, zoning permits, construction, design, land assessments, new equipment, etc. They set up a place in an existing location, that probably already has all of the permits to sell such items, and make sure that it gets stocked every morning from their local bakery. It actually makes pretty good business sense. They're creating a potential for massively expanding their reach without the hullabaloo of having to build new stores and so forth.

The local Sheetz convenience store chain has the same arrangement, and the doughnuts are always flying out the door in the morning. KK is making money; Sheetz is making money; people are making a trip to one store. I can't see any drawback to any of this ... except for my rapidly expanding waistline. :D

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Just because a McD's or KK exists in Wal-Mart does not mean that anyone is forced to purchase their items.
The "nobody is forcing you" argument never sits well with me. Nobody is forcing you to do anything, but we're not talking about force here, we're talking about temptation.

Temptation is sometimes just as strong as force.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks