Krell HTS 1 vs Meridian 561 vs Lexicon MC-1

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by MikeJof, Sep 11, 2003.

1. MikeJof

MikeJof Auditioning

Can you guys help me? I am having a really hard time deciding which one of these to get. I listen to music about 90% of time.
    Fronts B&W N804's
    Center B&W HTM 2
    Rears CDM1SE's
    2 MC 162's for fronts
    Acurus 200x3 for center and rears

2. johnbr

johnbr Stunt Coordinator

I would demo the all and go with the one that I liked the most.Me I go with the Krell the most with the Meridian second.

3. Arthur S

Arthur S Cinematographer

Mike

As I understand it, the Lexicon is the top choice if you are going to run a 7.1 system, especially Logic 7. I haven't looked at prices for the Krell or Meridian but I strongly suspect that they are much higher priced. People have been buying MC-1's for a little over $2,000 on Ebay.

Given the fact that you do 90% music the Krell or Meridian may have the edge.

Also, without having them in your home with your speakers, the differences may be too subtle to guage accurately. If you can manage to get all three pieces in your home you will see that each has different advantages and disadvantages. Then you can decide which compromise suits you best.

Many people do not realize that there is no single best amp, speaker, pre-pro that has the best of everything. But if you get them home you can decide which compromise sounds best in your system.

Artie

4. MikeJof

MikeJof Auditioning

Thanks. I have decided to get the 561M from a dealer in ATL with a warranty. Hopefully it will match well.