1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Krell For Rear Channels?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Jared Neumann, Jan 2, 2004.

1. Jared Neumann

Jared Neumann Stunt Coordinator

I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE KNOWS IF THIS WILL WORK AND HOW MUCH OF A DIFFERENCE IT WILL MAKE THE SOUND.
    I CURRENTLY AM USING 4 CHANNELS OF AN ADCOM 7807 FOR ME REAR AND SIDE SURROUNDS. I WAS CONSIDERING USING A PAIR OF KRELL 300IL INTERGRATED AMPS IN THE PLACE OF THE ADCOM.

DOES THIS MAKE ANY SENSE TO DO

MY THEATER

2. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Producer

iT tOTTAlly DePeNDS oN wHAT tyPE of SpEAkers yOU ArE RuNNiNG bAcK tHERE aND hOW lOuD yOu LisTen TO thE MoVIe/MuSIc? ChanCES aRe tHOuGH thAT ThE MOnEY spEnT oN uPGRadINg to tHE KRell AmPs fOr REar Duty CouLD beTTer bE sPEnT ON SoME OthER ASpeCT of YOuR SySTem.

Ps its a lot easier to read posts that aren't in all Caps[​IMG]

PSS I just went to your site and you've got some nice gear already but really while its a nice goal to have premium amps on all channels given your speakers are set up for HT not SACD or DVD-A I'd argue that the adcom is more then enough amp to do justice to those M&K's. If you were to upgrade anything I'd start with either the subwoofer or more likely the DVD player.