KP-57WS500 Curved Blue Lines?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Jon Wl, Sep 2, 2004.

1. Jon Wl

Jon Wl Auditioning

I have a KP-57WS500 RPTV I bought at Best Buy almost 2 years ago. I have had the flicker problem or whatever, and contacted Sony to come and repair the TV maybe 8-10 months ago.

I have noticed on black screens that there are several blue lines arcing across the screen. They are concave down if it matters. This happens on all sources, so it shouldn't be my cables. Also it appears when side-by-side picture is up the TV picture is skewed clockwise a couple of degrees. This is obvious by scaling on side up and down.

The question is, should I call Best Buy before my extended warranty wears out, Call Sony and have them set something up again, or call the company that made the repair to fix it.

I was hoping for Best Buy and they would upgrade me to the new model, but I am afraid that someone from the "Geek Squad" will come and mess with it.

Anybody else have experience with replacement from BB. I am thinking they would have to upgrade me since the other model is no longer available.

2. JeromyD

JeromyD Extra

Hi,

I am in a similar boat. My set started doing that with green lines. Come to find out it was because of the tube recall. I no longer have that problem after three weeks of "fixing" the set but my picture looks more like an inexpensive RCA after their fix instead of a Sony. It has a lot of noise in dark scenes where it had none before the repair. I am going to give them a second chance before I contact best buy. I wish you luck.

Jeromy

3. jay_smith

jay_smith Auditioning

I`m in the same boat too. I have a kp57hw40 and it has been in the shop 3 times now over the last 2-3 years for that same problem. They fix it then its good for 3-4 months then it comes back. Anyway the 4th time they have to replace assuming you have the performance plan cause its a lemmon.I went yesterday to pick out my new tv and they told me I wont get what I spent because of technoligical differences.
    It doesnt piss me off that bad cause I`m getting a 65315 Mitsubishi. Let me know how it goes for you