What's new

KOTOR-Anyone else waiting for PC (1 Viewer)

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
Romier, good points. I guess the main Morrowind / KOTOR difference I see is that Morrowind really was designed for a keyboard/mouse. KOTOR seems to be happy as a console controller type game, I wonder if Bioware PC fans will be disappointed in the scheme (like a FF conversion.)

If you want to send me your copy for 2 weeks, I'd be happy to try it out for you ;) I'm actually playing Baldur's Gate 2 (with ToB expansion) to the end for the first time right now. I think Bioware is going to just own my summer. We just had a new baby, so around the time KOTOR plays out, it'll be Half Life 2. Do these game developers have no mercy on the leisure-time challenged?

Joshua Moran

Supporting Actor
Well I am playing Galaxies now, so I will wait for the PC version later this year. I did get a chance to play an early beta version of Kinghts on the X-Box and as stated before it plays well on a controller. It is from the Devs of Baulders Gate, but does not play like it.

Howie A

Second Unit
This was the video that gave me the false impression. http://www.xbox.com/media/games/star...epublic-hi.asx
I think they say something like this..
“Players can go into battle in two different ways. Real time or turn base,
and they can transition between the two as much as they want”

That was different from everything else I read. I guess it’s a bit of word play to make it sound more interactive.
This is not going to be real time battles of the Jedi Knight II caliber with an awesome RPG element also? Is it?
When everyone compares this game to Boulders Gate you mean the PC one right?
How much different is that from the console BG?

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
I'm am soooo bored, there is no way that I could wait 10 minutes more than is necessary for this game. I swear, I'd pay an extra $20 to have it right now!

-Dave

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
Dave,

I've heard of people having success hitting the Flea Markets and getting games 1-2 weeks ahead of release. Find a games seller there, keep wrapping about how you'd pay $60 for KOTOR today, and see what happens. Since these guys are pretty mobile and don't have B&M stores, sometimes they are a little "flexible" on the release dates.

But since KOTOR just went gold yesterday, good luck finding it anywhere before launch next week :D

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
This is not going to be real time battles of the Jedi Knight II caliber with an awesome RPG element also? Is it?
No. You'll want to play Jedi Academy for that (also due on the Xbox). This is NOT an full on action game and its combat system is far more deliberate. This allows for a more open ended, turn based three character party system. Which consequently is very dissimiliar to the more action oriented single character Jedi Knight series.

paul h

Supporting Actor
According to a news item on computerandvideogames.com there will be some 'LIVE' support with KOTOR..

"17:21 After a few annoying delays, BioWare's anticipated RPG Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic has finally gone gold - on Xbox. Expected on shelves next week, at least in the US, the console version of the game will also be Xbox Live enabled.
Speaking previously, BioWare commented that, "Nothing's definite until the game ships, but I think that we're very interested in it", when we questioned the developer about Xbox Live support in KOTOR toward the end of last year.

Thankfully, LucasArts has now confirmed Xbox Live support for the title, stating that Xbox Live subscribers will be able to download content in the Winter.

Downloadable content details are a little vague at present, but we can expect "a variety of new weapons and other items to assist players on in-game quests."

In Knights of the Old Republic, which is set some 4,000 years prior to events depicted in the Star Wars movies, players find themselves caught up in a galactic struggle between the Jedi and the Sith, wrestling with the fate of the galaxy."

JamesH

Supporting Actor
This game is going to be absolutely stunning, I just hope it's long. I'd be ecstatic with 50 hours, and satisified with 25 considering the huge amount of replay value it's going to have.

p.s. Have fun waiting for the PC version while I play the Xbox one couch and HDTV style.

Howie A

Second Unit
I HAD AN INTEREST AND NOW I AM SOLD ON THIS GAME BIG TIME!
It looks like LIVE may have to take a back seat for a while.
Does this come out on the 15th or the 16th?
I thought most games came out on Tues. but I keep reading the 16th which is Wed.
Anyway here is a piece of the review from IGN.com

Closing Comments
Knights of the Old Republic is an outstanding game because it covers every single angle in terms of audience expectations. It's got enough Star Wars to satisfy the fans and enough pure fun to draw in people who normally wouldn't get into role-playing games. You'll see this on several Game of the Year nomination lists if not at the very top soon enough.
Put this up there with Halo, Splinter Cell and any other Xbox game that kept you up way too late or caused you to neglect your loved ones. It grabs you early on by giving your character some cool toys to play with and some familiar Star Wars critters to welcome you back and next thing you know you've got a space ship, a light saber, a wookie and a droid. With Knights of the Old Republic, the galaxy is yours, get out there and get some.

-- Aaron Boulding

Ratings: Description:
out of 10 click here for ratings guide

10.0 Presentation
There's more real Star Warsedness in this game than in the last two movies combined. Great menu system has the best use of triggers we've seen in a while.

9.0 Graphics
A hiccup or two here or there, but for the most part, this is one of the prettiest Star Wars games on any system in any genre.

10.0 Sound
The sound effects are given but the voice-acting was so amazing, we think the standard has just been raised.

9.0 Gameplay
It moves like an action game, plays like nothing you've played before and makes role--playing exciting again.

10.0 Lasting Appeal
This will probably be the deepest single player experience available on Xbox when all is said and done. Wait there's going to be downloadable content too?

9.5 OVERALL:
(out of 10 / not an average)

James St

Supporting Actor
I think the EB ship date was pushed back one day a few weeks ago. It was listed as 7/15 originally.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks