What's new

Koreandvds.com Needs Your Help (1 Viewer)

Bill Geiger

Second Unit
I recently spoke with someone at Koreandvds.com and was asked to try and find out what titles you, the consumer, would be interested in purchasing. Mind you, it doesn't have to be on their site. They are just looking for some feedback on what it is YOU want to see from them. Any feedback would be great and can be posted here. I will be presenting this to them. Thanks in advance.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I hear the region 3 of Nixon Dir Cut is 16x9. Ill have to do some research - if it is, Id buy it in a second. The region 1 version is a disgrace.

Im looking to pick these up in non region 1 for 16x9 treatment:

-Nixon
-Year OF The Dragon
-Mulholland Drive Region 0 - has chapter stops and extras
-Nowhere
-The Rocketeer
-Natural Born Killers
-The Doors
-From Beyond

And ask them where the hell is my Ed Wood DVD:)

Enrique B Chamorro

Supporting Actor
I would be in on the Mulholland Drive Region 0
if the picture is as good as the US.

I am going to get the Dogville and Malena.
Any home for a new shipment of the Dogville LE ? :)

I would be into any DTS versions better than US versions.

CraigL

Screenwriter
Guys,

I think what bill wants are specific suggestions. KoreanDVDs aren't miracle workers.

It would help that any suggestions be of movies that have actually been released in Korea. I know some of Jon's have not ever been released. As a courtesy to Bill on this one and to make things make more sense, do some research.

Otherwise, he'll go asking for titles that have little or no difference from their R1 counterparts.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Does KoreanDVDs only carry Region 3?

These arent available in R3:

-Nowhere (Region 2 only)
-The Rocketeer (Region 1,2,4)
-The Doors (Region 1,2)
-From Beyond (Region 0,2)

Oh and my Ed Wood DVD was handed to me about 2 minutes ago:D

CraigL

Screenwriter
Have you been to the site before? lol :) :)

Yes, "koreandvds.com" only sells...you guessed it...Region 3 DVD's from...yup, that's right...KOREA.

;)

a little research goes a long way...

Tim RH

Second Unit
How about "SAVE THE GREEN PLANET" and "A TALE OF TWO SISTERS" for starters?

Oh...and "A Single Spark" would be nice too. :)

Gareth Flynn

Stunt Coordinator
Clear and definitive (i.e. they've had someone who knows what they're doing play the actual discs to check) information on the aspect ratios, anamorphic status and DTS support on all of their titles, starting with those which are possibly better than the R1 equivalents.

If I had that info on Breaking The Waves, The Doors, Good Will Hunting, Gosford Park and Nixon, they'd have a nice fat order from me to process next Monday.

CraigL

Screenwriter
I know Nixon is 16X9. I've seen the packages for BOTH versions. Same with Breaking the Waves (DTS) and Gosford Park (DTS). The others are not anamorphic.

That's one of the best parts about Koreandvds.com. They usually show the back of the case and even if they don't, you can look it up on another site to make sure it's correct. The only problem I've ever had was Sleepers being widescreen when the package said full screen. No problem there! :)

Scott David

Stunt Coordinator
I do like their new look. However, when I went to pay for a purchase today, on the screen where you put in your credit card number and other info, it didn't appear to be secure; i.e. no "https" in the URL or "padlock" icon on the bottom of the screen, so I cancelled the order. Has anyone else run into this problem? When I ordered the "Dances With Wolves" set a couple of weeks ago, the checkout was secure.

Bryan_Sth

Agent
I ordered a couple of days ago and I believe it showed that it was secure once you get to the screen where you actually enter the numbers. If not, I completely overlooked it. Otherwise I would've done the same as you. Hope I'm not mistaken.

Scott David

Stunt Coordinator

On that page it stated that it was a "secure site", but again there was no "https" or padlock icon at the bottom to indicate that it really was. That made me a little leery of finalizing the order. I tried sending them an e-mail asking about it, but it was sent back as "undeliverable" or something like that.

So to answer the original question, and the subject of this thread: I'd like to see an order page that's secure without a doubt. :)

lakshmant

Agent
they use world pay for their payment service and it is on the home page that it was down for some time and a apology.
world pay is the same system cdwow also uses no problem from them so far at cdwow and koreandvd

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
Today, when I try to access koreandvds.com I keep ending up at www.cafedvd.co.kr! No real english here, and it doesn't recognize my koreandvds account.

Does anyone know what's going on?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
it works like normal for me.
i see on the main site at the top are 2 tabs, one says dvd the other says b2b.
clicking the b2b takes you to cafedvd.co or something.

Tim RH

Second Unit

I've been having the same problem for about 5 days now, and I can't seem to find a way around it. On my friend's computer it does the same thing, but when I tried a computer at the library, it worked fine (going to the English site), so I don't really know what the deal is with that...any ideas anyone? :confused:

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
At home, on my mac, I still end up at the "cafe."

At work, Koreandvds.com pops up as normal.

Some kind of cookies issue? I've no idea!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks